EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
March 29-30th moderate nor'easter

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A band of very heavy showers and thunderstorms about to enter the city/NENJ. Also, newest RAP guidance places the heaviest of the rain tonight from NENJ through NYC and into CT. Over 1" more in addition to these scattered heavier rains now. Some areas could wind up with an additional 2-3" if correct. However, the NAM gives us only another half inch or so. At this point, the RAP seems to be closer to the radar depiction as precip comes in from the SE and as it pulls away, should pull up and then spiral back down into us later tonight

Sent from my iPhone

This weather is awesome. With a little one at home it was non stop fun!

Yeah. Just God awful. Anyone rooting for this weather (unless a farmer in a drought) is plain nuts.

Lol well if it's always 65 and sunny, all we could do is write poetry on the forums here and everything would become "off-topic" rather quickly !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Care to elaborate?

It doesnt. The snow that fell in the hills NW of Baltimore was due to the ULL and strong vertical motion(dynamic cooling) along with elevation. Places there are around 1000 feet. 4-7 inches fell in that area. That upper low is weakening as it drifts east and losing the ability to generate cold air.

It doesnt. The snow that fell in the hills NW of Baltimore was due to the ULL and strong vertical motion(dynamic cooling) along with elevation. Places there are around 1000 feet. 4-7 inches fell in that area. That upper low is weakening as it drifts east and losing the ability to generate cold air.

the HRRR shows a lot of snow accumulating in Nassau county.   i'm not saying it's going to happen, or that the model will even show it an hour from now... but it does show it

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/jsloopLocalDiskDateDomainZip.cgi?dsKeys=hrrr_jet:&runTime=2014033023&plotName=acsnw_t3sfc&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR%20Model%20Fields%20-%20Experimental&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=t3

the HRRR shows a lot of snow accumulating in Nassau county.   i'm not saying it's going to happen, or that the model will even show it an hour from now... but it does show it

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/jsloopLocalDiskDateDomainZip.cgi?dsKeys=hrrr_jet:&runTime=2014033023&plotName=acsnw_t3sfc&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR%20Model%20Fields%20-%20Experimental&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=t3

Yeah if you zoom in and look real close it has a very localized area there. I am not that familiar with the geography there, but is there any reason to think that one little spot would see accum snow with basically nothing anywhere around it?  I doubt it. 

Archived