12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 29-30th moderate nor'easter

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not look at soundings but the 12Z NAM certainly looks like it could be snow Sunday afternoon and evening with the upper low based purely on upper levels, BL probably too warm, of course its the NAM way out of its range.

12z NAM now has snow ending with 2.2" for KSWF. Today's 06z NAM, had the event ending as ZR.

Based on latest river forecast ensemble guidance and the 12z runs not backing down I would suspect that Mt. Holly will be hoisting Flood Watches with the afternoon package.

pppn4_hg.png

One thing that hasnt been touched upon is the flooding that this storm may cause well north of NYC and into the NE area where a healthy snow pack is still present. Wouldnt be surprised to see some of the rivers overflow their banks in the heaviest rains N of NYC

One thing that hasnt been touched upon is the flooding that this storm may cause well north of NYC and into the NE area where a healthy snow pack is still present. Wouldnt be surprised to see some of the rivers overflow their banks in the heaviest rains N of NYC

Save for the Catskills and Berkshires, you have to go north of I-90 to find any substantial residual snowpack I believe, and the heaviest rainfall totals should stay south of there. 1.5" or 2" in the far north isn't going to cause major issues.

Heaviest rain on the Euro is Saturday night. ~1.00" falls in about 6 hours with locally ~1.50" in about six hours. It has moderate rain for most of It cut back to 1.50"-2" of rain.

It also cut back to1.88" of rain for NYC and a general is a general 1"-2" areawide now.

Archived