• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 29-30th moderate nor'easter

Mikehobbyst

You should probably wait for the rest of the 12z runs before making a statement like that. Both the SREF's and 12z NAM have increased QPF totals today.

Everything he said is correct. The NAM might have gotten wetter but is still nothing like the euro. And 1-2" would not be a huge deal especially if its spread out over 36-48 hours

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The low's track seems to take a favorable route for heavy rain near the coast this time as opposed to well inland like these situations usually favor. We'll have to see how this trends over the next day or so. If the rain trains over one area as models seem to show could be likely, there could be some heavy amounts.

Yup, almost a total cave this run by the GFS towards a ECMWF solution. If this was a snowstorm the board would be crashing right about now.

Lingers precipitation well into Sunday night.

Go against the Euro inside of 4 days at your own peril.

Looks like a washout weekend currently but im still focusing on where the axis of the heavy rain will be. The jackpots of 3"+ i feel will be west of NYC and up to LHV as we said this morning yanks

The low's track seems to take a favorable route for heavy rain near the coast this time as opposed to well inland like these situations usually favor. We'll have to see how this trends over the next day or so. If the rain trains over one area as models seem to show could be likely, there could be some heavy amounts.

At this time yes it would favor coastal regions but id still be betting on inland areas. We'll get heavy amounts of 1"+ plus but the setup IMO is a NYC N&W event. We'll get our rainfall in embedded heavier showers

This run of the GFS caved to the Euro. It cuts off the low and lingers the 500mb center over central PA before slowly meandering off the coast. This run of the GFS is 5"+ of rain for a large swath of SNE and SW towards the twin forks. The heaviest axis of rain is a close miss.

It still has rain wrapping up on Monday morning while the 00z GFS was dry by Sunday morning.

00z

gfs_namer_120_precip_ptot.gif

vs

12z

gfs_namer_120_precip_ptot.gif

Looks like a washout weekend currently but im still focusing on where the axis of the heavy rain will be. The jackpots of 3"+ i feel will be west of NYC and up to LHV as we said this morning yanks

Historically these events JP areas just NW of I-95 which is good for me, especially since I love big rain storms and most people here would rather miss it.

it would be different if this thread had substance other than blanket postings of model images. nobody's talking about the mechanisms that will produce precip, no soundings, no pwat discussion, none of that

who cares?  Honestly.  If someone wants to start a thread about a specific event, so be it, if you don't like the discussion, start your own thread and/or avoid this one.  Why b**ch 24/7?

GFS is 1.96" of rain for NYC and less west.

The huge totals start on LI where the GFS verbatim has 4"-6" of rain. ISP is 4.58"

But that's probably convective and very localized.

That would be the biggest stratiform event in some time around here.   (the 2 inches of rain)

who cares? Honestly. If someone wants to start a thread about a specific event, so be it, if you don't like the discussion, start your own thread and/or avoid this one. Why b**ch 24/7?

Hes not bitching his point is warranted. That would really make this more of an educational and constructive thread. Model runs are great as they do show the outcome but do not show the true inner workings of how it occurs besides a LP with moisture soaking our area. I agree with forky here, im trying to learn and the more i see more advanced forecasting tools and learn about them the better of i and some amatuers on here will be. Also referencing where you can find them would further add to the value of discussion

Archived