joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 29-30th moderate nor'easter

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you know that this will be another storm for the Mid-Atlantic while we're cold and dry?

Climo FTW

P6_GZ_D5_PN_228_0000.gif

I'm not sure they have ever had a significant measurable snow down there that late, for NYC 4/6/82 I think is the latest one of close to it, hard to believe DCA has ever done it after 4/5

That storm at day 9 is never going to work out like that so I don't really see the point of mentioning that it shows snow. One thing that we know is that the pattern looks to become more active for our region.

That NAO which briefly goes negative is positive again by that storm, even if it stayed negative I don't know what help it would really be since its largely an east based -NAO, if we had a strong west based NAO its very possible we'd have a shot at snow Sunday night as the upper low ejected out since perhaps we'd get a more favorable track...the Midwest system coming in sort of hurts us as well.

That NAO which briefly goes negative is positive again by that storm, even if it stayed negative I don't know what help it would really be since its largely an east based -NAO, if we had a strong west based NAO its very possible we'd have a shot at snow Sunday night as the upper low ejected out since perhaps we'd get a more favorable track...the Midwest system coming in sort of hurts us as well.

Are incoming moderate el nino's associated with above average precipitation in Spring over the northeast?

NO SNOW IN APRIL! Its had its chance this month and has ruined it :lol:

the best thing about April is that it wont be March.

if ever there was an April with a chance, this one is it.

april 7, 2003 was a hardcore mid-january-esque snowstorm.

we get about 1 good one per decade. we're due... even if we have to wait another 10 years.

Are incoming moderate el nino's associated with above average precipitation in Spring over the northeast?

Yeah, and usually they are notorious for producing a late spring snow event like 82 and 97, 09 did not really, at least that I can remember but I wasn't here back in 09....I guess you can argue this morning's storm may have been it...I'm not a fan of either of these events although the one this weekend, largely due to the -NAO may be impressive but I still think the progressive pattern to our west is going to result in this event being less impressive than it currently looks as has been the case all year, I'd definitely liked to have seen some back end upper level snow on the ground for opening day AM.

Yeah, and usually they are notorious for producing a late spring snow event like 82 and 97, 09 did not really, at least that I can remember but I wasn't here back in 09....I guess you can argue this morning's storm may have been it...I'm not a fan of either of these events although the one this weekend, largely due to the -NAO may be impressive but I still think the progressive pattern to our west is going to result in this event being less impressive than it currently looks as has been the case all year, I'd definitely liked to have seen some back end upper level snow on the ground for opening day AM.

It looks to come down to the amplitude of the energy as it slides east. We're talking about a storm in the day 3-5 range so the models should have a reasonably good idea.

It looks to come down to the amplitude of the energy as it slides east. We're talking about a storm in the day 3-5 range so the models should have a reasonably good idea.

The good news this time is the NAM/NavGEM are where you'd expect them to be through the end of their ranges, honestly the only 2 storms the last 3-4 months where both of those occurred were the 2 events in mid-February...that could very well mean the GFS/GEM/Euro blend is going to at least be close to the eventual evolution although for sure there will be some changes.

The good news this time is the NAM/NavGEM are where you'd expect them to be through the end of their ranges, honestly the only 2 storms the last 3-4 months where both of those occurred were the 2 events in mid-February...that could very well mean the GFS/GEM/Euro blend is going to at least be close to the eventual evolution although for sure there will be some changes.

The Euro ensembles were pretty enthusiastic last night, though they were pretty enthusiastic about the storm for last night at this range too.

The 12z GEFS are in pretty good agreement on a cut off low near the coast this weekend.

f108.gif

That storm at day 9 is never going to work out like that so I don't really see the point of mentioning that it shows snow. One thing that we know is that the pattern looks to become more active for our region.

Because you said it showed rain when in reality it showed snow. Yes, it will prob change 10 million times! But your info was wrong on Ptype, please provide correct info

Wow congrats it only took you all winter to finally realize it

Where are you getting the 12z Euro from? I've been stuck at hour 36 for a long time.

Accuwx soundings are coming in but only bits and pieces.

Between hours 78-90, 1.76" of rain has fallen in NYC.

At 2pm Sunday, the 850 temps crash to 1.9:

SUN 00Z 30-MAR   5.9     8.6    1012      98      98    0.75     564     555    SUN 06Z 30-MAR   5.2     7.6    1007      97      98    1.01     559     553    

SUN 18Z 30-MAR       5.0           1.9 

Accuwx soundings are coming in but only bits and pieces.

Between hours 78-90, 1.76" of rain has fallen in NYC.

At 2pm Sunday, the 850 temps crash to 1.9:

SUN 00Z 30-MAR   5.9     8.6    1012      98      98    0.75     564     555    SUN 06Z 30-MAR   5.2     7.6    1007      97      98    1.01     559     553    

SUN 18Z 30-MAR       5.0           1.9 

Sounds like it's wetter than 00z.

Archived