joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

This season I cringe at things beyond 3 days

But fun to watch

1.5 days.

I just want something substantial to quiet the "can't beat the suppresion pattern" crowd.

Give me a big snow or give me spring.  I'm done with the cold and dry at this point. 

1-3" progged for tomorrow night.  Perhaps the nickle-dimer season will continue.

33.5/3

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not even worth investing in, Just watching for a trend on the models

Exactly. 

Just check in with the forum every so often between now and Sunday regarding this, but that's about it.  Obviously if things trend in our favor the amount of time checking in this thread will be more.   Anyone who is emotionally invested in this right now is a fool.

Exactly. 

Just check in with the forum every so often between now and Sunday regarding this, but that's about it.  Obviously if things trend in our favor the amount of time checking in this thread will be more.   Anyone who is emotionally invested in this right now is a fool.

I don't think anyone really gets emotionally invested, but I think sometimes people crush others too much for talking about threats in the 7-9 range. For the most part models are generally pretty good at sniffing threats in the LR. It is always stupid to talk about specifics, but for the most part all the models have a wave in the general vicinity during this range. Look at the last 2 storms, while they missed to the south, the models had pretty much nailed the idea of a storm 8-10 days out. In my opinion you can look at the model data and based on the wave lengths of the jet stream tell the range of days where a storm might fall. For me, tracking the storms is half the fun...I love looking at data in the LR, the ups, downs, the surprises...Of course it leads me to a lot of heartbreak, but I totally know this going in & usually around 3-4 days out you can jump ship if the data starts to look poor and move to the next threat. For me it is really fun to watch a storm evolve on the models. It is also pretty cool to see monster runs like yesterday's EURO, kind of gets your imagination running, and since my hobby consists of tracking storms where only a small % come to fruition, that adds to the enjoyment. 

The ensemble also looked a lot better than the op. it's way too early to worry.

Anyone who is "worried" about a 7 day storm needs to find a new hobby.

Its been like November recently where people are getting emotionally invested in fantasy range threats...its ludicrous.

Anyone who is "worried" about a 7 day storm needs to find a new hobby.

Its been like November recently where people are getting emotionally invested in fantasy range threats...its ludicrous.

Yeah and that goes for those who are in love with it, and those that just complain that it will find a way to screw us again. Just keep an eye on

It and that's all you can do at this point.

I don't think anyone really gets emotionally invested, but I think sometimes people crush others too much for talking about threats in the 7-9 range. For the most part models are generally pretty good at sniffing threats in the LR. It is always stupid to talk about specifics, but for the most part all the models have a wave in the general vicinity during this range. Look at the last 2 storms, while they missed to the south, the models had pretty much nailed the idea of a storm 8-10 days out. In my opinion you can look at the model data and based on the wave lengths of the jet stream tell the range of days where a storm might fall. For me, tracking the storms is half the fun...I love looking at data in the LR, the ups, downs, the surprises...Of course it leads me to a lot of heartbreak, but I totally know this going in & usually around 3-4 days out you can jump ship if the data starts to look poor and move to the next threat. For me it is really fun to watch a storm evolve on the models. It is also pretty cool to see monster runs like yesterday's EURO, kind of gets your imagination running, and since my hobby consists of tracking storms where only a small % come to fruition, that adds to the enjoyment. 

I get what you're saying, but believe me, there ARE folks who do get emotionally invested this far out, but for the most part seem to be containing it thus far.  The rest of what you say holds true for many of us.

Archived