• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

Yeah, they say that DCA report is from 2AM, but I thought someone last night said they had right around that amount at midnight?  Confusing.  Unless it was official at midnight but they reported it out at 2, something like that.

Also, I think someone said DCA picked up 2 inches in one hour from around 3 to 4 a.m.... So you got to assume they surpassed 6, perhaps easily, if they already had 3.8 at 2 a.m.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad forecast by me.  Good job by the NWS.  Looks like almost all the snow stuck.   So much for relying on MOS.  It was good Mar 3rd and bad last night. 

How much would you say you got there?  I only saw one official report for Calvert from Lusby, with 8.

We got 10" in Germantown, making for a total of 52" for the winter.  Amazing!  This is the #2 event for the winter here, beating out Jan 21, which had 7" and was mostly light snow throughout.

It looks like the lift was probably above 700mb where the DGZ was located. Classic banding there producing good dendrites. Enjoy it! Ratios will never be an issue in those bands.

True enough and good point about the deform band you mentioned earlier.  I was personally much more wary of temps then I was of getting precip.  I figured 0.2-0.3" of "wasted" precip and then the remainder with 8-10:1 ratios.  So, a 3-5" or maybe 4-6" event for those of us not inside the DC urban oven.  But...sometimes all the chances work out in your favor. 

Archived