• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
March 11-12th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

Loaded my Bracket into the NAM.  Has Purdue by 34 over Arizona April 7th.   :facepalm:

Women's basketball? ;)

I was about to post that.  The 9z lowest number is 6.81".  Nice cluster between that and 12.89".  No doubt it will change, but I hope not. At least it is moving in the right direction.  haha.

I like where you guys are sitting, right now. Good luck.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm willing to donate some money towards the decommissioning of the NAM.

It's not even the fact that it's no longer showing the clown amounts. But how does it go from being the consistenty far north/strong outlier for SEVERAL run to now even south of what was the southern outlier (EURO) in one run?

Just awful.

What a heartbreaking let down from the NAM.

I'd never seen that side of powerball before.

It was gonna be the "powerball special"!

It was looking that way after not only the NAM/SREFs holding/steady after several runs, but then the globals were gradually trending towards it. Never mind the fact this was all within 48 hours.

But I should have known better.

Really was holding out for the big dog potential (which was legit and will be realized just to our east). It was almost there.

But I can't get excited over a run-of-the-mill storm so late in the season. I slipped and practically fell on my ass over snow piles yesterday trying to avoid a huge puddle of water. Enough is enough at this point.

I thought that the SREFs have done very well this year, particularly within 36 hours. They're showing very beefy amounts in SE MI currently, should they be disregarded this go around?

That's a good sign.  I'd say take it to the bank if the 15z runs hold.

I thought that the SREFs have done very well this year, particularly within 36 hours. They're showing very beefy amounts in SE MI currently, should they be disregarded this go around?

Yes. If you look at the SPC mesoanalysis, the trends are obviously not in our favor for the SREF solutions.

The SREFs are the NAM's ensembles. So my bet is that they'll follow the NAM on the 15z run.

Archived