• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

What's your final call? I think 6.1 sounds like a good number.

I felt bullish earlier after looking at the 0z Euro / 6z GFS but think they've probably corrected a bit too far NW. LOT's map looks good IMO...the city will be right on the fringe of best banding and we could see a solid gradient across Cook Co.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go big or go home! Riding the line is the most frightening place to be... but also often provides the biggest pay off, with a bit of luck.

True enough. Can give the best surprises. I knew I shouldn't have trusted the NAM runs last night! I even mentioned that they would probably jump back south! haha

True enough. Can give the best surprises. I knew I shouldn't have trusted the NAM runs last night! I even mentioned that they would probably jump back south! haha

Oddly enough, I've found the model runs 36-48 hours out to be more accurate than the <24 hour forecasts with storms this winter... but the NAM is the NAM, lol

There have been storms the models jumped south before they started.  The March 1-2 storm the models all went south; even the NAM.  The EURO was like a DAB and the NAM was like 1-2" ... I got 5".  SREF & RUC were the only model to keep me in the 4-6" range.

In short it all comes to NOWCASTING.  The models are just that models.

It's game time and just try to enjoy ... you can't control it but it is up to you to enjoy it!!!  :popcorn:

Has 50% probs for a "big dog" smack across the metro. Will post some of our new SREF images when I get to a computer

hard for me to get too pessimistic given how decent the SREF has done inside 36 hours this winter but duration and lack of support doesn't scream big dog right now. Plus these brief heavy banding events, despite rocking for like an hour or so, tend to underperform in the total department.

There have been storms the models jumped south before they started.  The March 1-2 storm the models all went south; even the NAM.  The EURO was like a DAB and the NAM was like 1-2" ... I got 5".  SREF & RUC were the only model to keep me in the 4-6" range.

In short it all comes to NOWCASTING.  The models are just that models.

It's game time and just try to enjoy ... you can't control it but it is up to you to enjoy it!!!  :popcorn:

True enough. Thanks for the reminder. :)

I just give up if the EURO prior to last night pulls a coup, especially given how extremely awful it's been the rest of the season.

Amazing that we've had over 80" this season and will quite possibly end it without one decently organized system (just grinders and progressively open waves).

Archived