joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wind direction would seem to indicate the actual sfc low is much further north than what's being depicted by the isobars. Kind of odd. There's not always a perfect relationship but the displacement is usually less than this.

pchg.gif?1394562699276

So much straw grasping xD

Is interesting though

Wind direction would seem to indicate the actual sfc low is much further north than what's being depicted by the isobars. Kind of odd. There's not always a perfect relationship but the displacement is usually less than this.

pchg.gif?1394562699276

I noticed the same thing earlier.  The wind field is kinda chaotic but the lowest pressures were solidly in Kansas last time I checked an hour or two ago.

pchg.gif?1394562699276

Would be different if this was some strong wave ejecting NE and the low would ride that front but as we know, that is not the case. 

And to help you straw graspers more...The 996mb contour is off, as SFC OBS have 996mb pressure on north up to near I-70.

Thinking I'll end up with around 6" of cement out of this.  Earlier phase and less rain to start and this could have been a big one. Better than nothing.

Sounds pretty good. Im actually in Warsaw right now through Thursday so I guess its better than what I would get at home. Gonna make for some difficult travels in the morning though.

Archived