joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ST Patricks Day Storm discussion

Ji

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's what snow weenies do. We have to be in because if we weren't we would be faux weenies.

Even though many are indifferent at this point (me included), if this threat becomes real everyone on the board will be all in at med-short range.

It would make sense given the year we've had that we squeeze another event. Even if messy. Anything less than 2" would suck tho

Totally agree, 3-6" would even suck, I'm in it for the big one...Yeah if we get this baby into the 120 range the board will light up, we saw what happened last year

Totally agree, 3-6" would even suck, I'm in it for the big one...Yeah if we get this baby into the 120 range the board will light up, we saw what happened last year

I need 8 to get me solidly over 40 for the winter. Anything less isn't worth another massive salt dump on the roads and my car. 

12z euro ens run looks awful pretty. LP tracks atl-obx-up the coast. A lot of wiggle room @ mid levels. 850 line south of RIC. Precip panels look great for a long lead. Decent hp on the means in se canada and 50/50 signal.

I also read the 'awful pretty' as 'pretty awful'. Would be interesting to have 50 weather weenies and 50 normal people read it and compare the results.

IF we're going to get a memorable march snow, this is one of the good ways to do it.

I came in here to tease you guys and say no chance but after looking at the gfs ens I think we might just have a chance.

The ensembles can be plenty wrong at this range. I think people assume because the ensembles look ok it's terribly meaningful.  Let's see where we are in 2 days.. my guess is it won't look nearly as good.

The ensembles can be plenty wrong at this range. I think people assume because the ensembles look ok it's terribly meaningful. Let's see where we are in 2 days.. my guess is it won't look nearly as good.

I agree, but do find it interesting that most look cold and stormy. Of course, even that wouldn't guarantee snow.

Archived