12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
ST Patricks Day Storm discussion

Ji

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good members. There not much blocking to keep the 50/50  locked in place.  However, it is still possible the PV doesn't make it far enough east and phases with the storm. There is also a kicker controlling the exit timing of this.  This may suppress the storm if the initial low forms too far south, as shown by some Gefs members.   It also may help us stay snow by pushing the storm due east if it forms too far west also shown by some Gefs members and the Euro. 

Some good members. There not much blocking to keep the 50/50  locked in place.  However, it is still possible the PV doesn't make it far enough east and phases with the storm. There is also a kicker controlling the exit timing of this.  This may suppress the storm if the initial low forms too far south, as shown by some Gefs members.   It also may help us stay snow by pushing the storm due east if it forms too far west also shown by some Gefs members and the Euro.

100% right, the exact strength and timing of the energy comic down from Canada + where that ULL aligns over SE Canada will decide what this baby does...its nice to know that if they align correctly we could get a beast

*hugs*

Hard to place bets on a sig storm. Even if the stars align 90% right this late in the season we still end up with a messy or light even. Can our good fortunes continue one more time?

IMO we would be quite lucky to get more than 2" near the cities. But that would still be a memorable cap to a solid season

Tough to get winter weather in mid March. Best result will still involve drip, drip, drip.

Not my favorite.

Me either.  However, for the sheer symmetry of the winter, I'm rooting for this, even if it is inevitably messy and short-lived.  Since we started with accumulating snow on Dec 8, another accumulating snow would give us a 4-month snow season.  Pretty awesome for these parts.

Tough to get winter weather in mid March. Best result will still involve drip, drip, drip.

Not my favorite.

You're in a better spot than most of us for a good March snow... and a much better spot than DC or the coastal plain. Climo-wise, you're still in the game for good snows until March 20th or so.

You're in a better spot than most of us for a good March snow... and a much better spot than DC or the coastal plain. Climo-wise, you're still in the game for good snows until March 20th or so.

They're still tough though. However, we did have a nice day on March 18 last year. Below freezing in the afternoon with sleet and snow accumulating on paved surfaces. Nice day that was.

00z GFS looks even better than 18z, it still might be suppressed, but another big step towards a big solution. I am seriously staying up until 3am for the EURO. I am sick in the head :(

Bad PV position on the GFS, that will suppress anything. The euro lifts that feature north and allows the storm to go to town

Bad PV position on the GFS, that will suppress anything. The euro lifts that feature north and allows the storm to go to town

No biggies, the main pieces were still on the board though, it is a lot closer than it looks on the 00z run...thats all that matters to me, is that that piece of energy that dives down from Canada still showing up...Onto GGEM/EURO. 

Yes considering it is a week away... We should not even have a storm thread yet...

If you don't like it you don't have to post in it right? Why does it bother you so much? There's been many mets. on this board that are really excited about the potential with this one. Its about the overall pattern. For the most part, 7-9 days out you knew the 12-14th could produce some kind of winter storm...it did, just farther North...Same here, for the most part all of the data is pointing towards some kind of storm for this time period. What exact kind of storm? Who knows, but the threat is there. It is the last threat of the year, relax. We all understand it's 7 days out. What excites me the most is that the model runs that show everything coming together have an epic bomb, and as long as there is potential for something like that, I'm all in. 

The main players come onto land @ about 96 hours, which isn't that far out....@ 120 hours it wouldn't take much change for the GFS to have shown a beast...The overall setup is ripe for something. I haven't been this excited for something all year. I have a feeling most on the board won't get excited until the GFS starts showing it. 

this storm is not reallly gone from the euro. The euro control has it and the ECMWF mean for JYO is still 4 inches

yea, and 14+/- members show 6+ and the # of really big hits is going up.

MSLP panels do show a more suppressed look but that's probably not going to be a problem. It could trend to a nw track for all we know

yea, and 14+/- members show 6+ and the # of really big hits is going up.

MSLP panels do show a more suppressed look but that's probably not going to be a problem. It could trend to a nw track for all we know

if we get screwed by a suppressed storm in Mid March....then it was really never meant to be lol

Archived