e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
ST Patricks Day Storm discussion

Ji

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope I'm wrong but the Euro and GGEM are most likely incorrect with this system. GFS looks horrid, a lot of improvements must be made in the next 12-24 hrs for any hope. I wouldn't be surprised if the Euro and GGEM fold to the GFS tonight. Would love one last decent snowfall this winter but the clock is ticking.

GGEM has the storm..but warmer...rain front loaded..maybe a little frozen on the way out.  Important thing is...it's nothing like the GFS

+1, GFS is having issues with the wave down south that phases with the energy coming down from Canada, look at the NAM/GGEM @ 84 hours vs. the GFS....

0z Euro has the storm, but it slides just to the south (suppression!)...it's a healthy storm

it gives Richmond like 6-10 inches....Im in. 00z keeps showing supression but 12z shows more northerly the past few runs

Suppression is good at this lead time, and esp in mid March, and the idea of it nailing Richmond is a guarantee it wont verify verbatim. Its going to come north, just a question of how far. Hard to buy a PV of doom suppression deal this far into March, and there still is no blocking.

Hope I'm wrong but the Euro and GGEM are most likely incorrect with this system. GFS looks horrid, a lot of improvements must be made in the next 12-24 hrs for any hope. I wouldn't be surprised if the Euro and GGEM fold to the GFS tonight. Would love one last decent snowfall this winter but the clock is ticking.

Is it always dark and cloudy at your house?

it gives Richmond like 6-10 inches....Im in. 00z keeps showing supression but 12z shows more northerly the past few runs

Another improvement with ind ens members overnight. Pretty solid. MSLP/precip panels do show an east shift for folks further north. Good hit here. I'm with you. 12z should look pretty good today.

Another improvement with ind ens members overnight. Pretty solid. MSLP/precip panels do show an east shift for folks further north. Good hit here. I'm with you. 12z should look pretty good today.

If you wouldn't mind Bob what do they show up our way?  I'm 50 miles W of Phila?

Thanks

Thanks for your brilliant insight as to why one model is correct and others are wrong.

Please provide more today.

The euro ens mean looks way more robust than the OP I imagine its a big hit for DC, though without seeing individuals I can't tell if the mean is skewed with inland runners and out to sea-ers or if there are a lot of really good hits

I don't see precip like Bob or others do... but the ensemble mean has a 1005 L near AL/GA border (south-central part) with a 1031 H in the NW portion of the UP of Michigan... 0c 850 line crosses through DCA.  144 is a 1004 L prob 200-300 miles ENE of Cape Hatteras NC with 850s -6 to -8 across the region

Explain, in detailed scientific terms and reasoning, why they are most likely incorrect.  Thanks.

If this pans out you should get some credit for sticking with it. I get the feeling even you realize this is our last chance hence for once you actually have tracked a storm less than 10 days out.

True, but to be fair, Bob myself and a few others stuck with it too...even as we were being mocked on DBM by Ohleary :P 

True, but to be fair, Bob myself and a few others stuck with it too...even as we were being mocked on DBM by Ohleary :P

It's been an interesting period non-stop since we first started discussing it. That's all we're doing is discussing various solutions, important features, and possibilities. The drive by schleprocks make themselves look foolish. We've never once said it's a high prob event or anything. The potential for snow has been there day in day out. If it all goes poof it's no big deal. If we get a decent snow in mid march then weatherwise it's a pretty big deal.

If it becomes imminent all the schleps, eeyores, and debs will be all excited with imby questions.

I don't see precip like Bob or others do... but the ensemble mean has a 1005 L near AL/GA border (south-central part) with a 1031 H in the NW portion of the UP of Michigan... 0c 850 line crosses through DCA. 144 is a 1004 L prob 200-300 miles ENE of Cape Hatteras NC with 850s -6 to -8 across the region

Ens precip panels show precip approaching or in the area by 8pm on Sunday. Best panels are overnight. 850's aren't an issue. I'm sure bl temps are going to be a problem until early morning hours but the best period looks to be between midnight-8am or so at least the timing is as good as it gets.

Ens precip panels show precip approaching or in the area by 8pm on Sunday. Best panels are overnight. 850's aren't an issue. I'm sure bl temps are going to be a problem until early morning hours but the best period looks to be between midnight-8am or so at least the timing is as good as it gets.

the fact that we are in our 5th month in a row tracking possible snow events puts this winter in a special category

if the pattern can hold for 3 more weeks, April would make it 6 months, which is unprecedented in these parts

It is going to be a bi**h waiting up until 2:30 starting tomorrow night. I am way to old for this, but for one last hoorah to a great winter i will sacrifice my sleep.

Archived