• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
ST Patricks Day Storm discussion

Ji

It is going to be a bi**h waiting up until 2:30 starting tomorrow night. I am way to old for this, but for one last hoorah to a great winter i will sacrifice my sleep.

not worth staying up tbh. Odds will be against us until snow is actually on the ground. Would be nice to see the gfs make a move today but even if it doesn't it's still not that far off of the other solutions. It's all about the pv placement and models have proven to be quite inaccurate with that even @ 48 hours. Progressive flow is a beeyotch

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z NAM loaded at h5 @84 hours.  I'm skipping the usual caveats about the NAM...we should all know them by now and I am admittedly in full weenie mode.   It's probably the last shot of the season...screw it...let's have fun yall.

The NAM is most likely incorrect here

the fact that we are in our 5th month in a row tracking possible snow events puts this winter in a special category

if the pattern can hold for 3 more weeks, April would make it 6 months, which is unprecedented in these parts

The only thing 'unprecedented' would be the wailing's coming from the 'springers' if that happened. 

12z NAM loaded at h5 @84 hours.  I'm skipping the usual caveats about the NAM...we should all know them by now and I am admittedly in full weenie mode.   It's probably the last shot of the season...screw it...let's have fun yall.  

LOL, best all-in of the year! 

The only thing 'unprecedented' would be the wailing's coming from the 'springers' if that happened. 

LOL, best all-in of the year! 

I guess it's worth mentioning another decent cold shot is showing up on the euro ens for the 23-26th timeframe. 

And I agree, randy cracks me up. Nam does look kinda tasty @ h5. I extrapolated a MA special with ease. 

I'm not sure when you never felt good about a storm...lol.

My issue is that I post about storms in the LR, I only mention threats though not specifics.... but when they start looking bad (like tomorrows storm), I back off...I really like this one. 

I posted about the 12-14th event 8-9 days out, got blasted for it, but a storm is occurring, I posted about this threat when it was 8-10 days out and I'm getting blasted on it. If we get to 72 hours out and I don't like what I see, of course I back off. People ignore that about me unfortunately I get a bad wrap. 

My issue is that I post about storms in the LR, I only mention threats though not specifics.... but when they start looking bad (like tomorrows storm), I back off...I really like this one. 

It has work to do, but at least it's a more interesting solution. Hopefully the rest of the guidance is more intriguing.

There is plenty of room for a good storm even without worrying about the ul energy basically over mexico city on the gfs. The ull ejects a piece as it digs away and then another ns vort comes in and joins the party. Yea, an evolution like this isn't good for a big coastal but it's definitely enough to give us an ok event here in the dc area. A 3-6" event would be a triple imo. Home runs in march are spread out by decades. Not really going to buy into that unless it's stark obvious. A nice blanket of snow would be quite satisfying and a good stats padder. 

Archived