• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

Anyone talking about "bust" or "underperforming" or bashing NWS in general is being unreasonable.

No such thing as a snow bust in March around here, given the relative rarity of snowfall during the month.

The early AM zone foreasts yesterday were a bit aggressive, but were dialed back as more data emerged. I've been under 6-10 forecast since yesterday, and that will easily verify.

Agree. I think I will make 6" We seem to be in one of the sweet spots. I just measured 5.5" and still SN

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondering why we haven't heard from anyone south of I-66.  Almost all obs are from MD, unless I am skipping over a lot of posts or there is another thread.

Pretty sure you're skipping a lot of posts then. Folks here along I-64 are likely looking pretty good if their experience is like downtown Charlottesville. Pixie dust coming down now and good rates continue.

I got 5 but hated seeing the snowpack diminish despite light to moderate snow falling throughout the entire day. I think the temp even spiked in the early evening into the upper 30's. The early morning hours were good though.

I loved watching the live shots from the local TV stations in Carroll that day.  The snow was blowing sideways the whole time with that wind.

Archived