joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Madness 03/03/2014 -------> The EURO abides

winterymix

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your "warm" comment, just made me giggle.

i dont have my faster euro access at work.. initially it was quite a bit warmer than the gfs but then the sfc crashes during the day. but at like 6z euro has 32 at the pa border while the gfs has it south of RIC.  

i always look at storms critically . otherwise I'd have just ridden by initial idea that this storm would be the one since i mentioned it like 10+ days ago. 

either way.. no crippling ice storm here still seems a good bet. also this is a decent shift run to run.. who knows. i don't, won't pretend i do. 

i dont have my faster euro access at work.. initially it was quite a bit warmer than the gfs but then the sfc crashes during the day. but at like 6z euro has 32 at the pa border while the gfs has it south of RIC.  

i always look at storms critically . otherwise I'd have just ridden by initial idea that this storm would be the one since i mentioned it like 10+ days ago. 

either way.. no crippling ice storm here still seems a good bet. also this is a decent shift run to run.. who knows. i don't, won't pretend i do. 

your comment wasn't wrong, it was just one sorta negative comment surrounded by all these "wooo!" "party time!" "drink up!" posts... that it made me giggle.

Don't take it personally, please. :)

He's right to be cautious of course...but the run verbatim is sick

we kinda get "screwed" with the heaviest staying just north. i don't think i've seen a storm like this since i've been here if it happens this way? im sorta confused by it. 

I'm cautious as heck just like you. My comparing to the gfs was more of simply having a colder solution on the table regardless of the exact details. Below freezing is below freezing when it counts no matter which ptype. 

Pretty kick a$$ run but it's the first after a long string of crappy ones. And the ensembles backed off last night. Can't overlook any of that. GFS seem to be first here suggesting the majority of precip is the frozen type. We can only hope it holds. Bust potential is enormous. 

I'm cautious as heck just like you. My comparing to the gfs was more of simply having a colder solution on the table regardless of the exact details. Below freezing is below freezing when it counts no matter which ptype. 

Pretty kick a$$ run but it's the first after a long string of crappy ones. And the ensembles backed off last night. Can't overlook any of that. GFS seem to be first here suggesting the majority of precip is the frozen type. We can only hope it holds. Bust potential is enormous. 

I think I've been pretty bullish despite being skeptical.  I don't see a need to be all in on an anomalous event even at this range. I've said numerous times to toss climo out the window to some degree etc. Having the Euro aboard an event def makes it a bit more real.. though we probably need at least one more run to get too excited. I've been at this too long to start wooing and congratulating myself just yet. 

yeah..I dont really see how they wouldnt do better than us in this setup..which is fine...even a 2-4" event would be neat for the city..I'm not emotionally invested in this one....however I will be up for the Euro of course

Maybe we can pull off a snow event then another after. We do monster winter or crap winter. A 20" winter doesn't make sense.

Pretty much convinced that we are in a pattern that temps are not a problem even if early March.

It was 9 degrees in my yard this morning. I have had single digit wind chills this afternoon. And I still have large sections of my yard, and not just shaded or north-facing, with snow cover, which seems kinda incredible.

I think I've been pretty bullish despite being skeptical.  I don't see a need to be all in on an anomalous event even at this range. I've said numerous times to toss climo out the window to some degree etc. Having the Euro aboard an event def makes it a bit more real.. though we probably need at least one more run to get too excited. I've been at this too long to start wooing and congratulating myself just yet. 

I also agree about tossing climo a bit. There is stout cold available. Putting it to good use can be tricky. I can easily see us not getting the cold in here until the vast majority of the precip is done. Trends today help quell those concerns. No mistaking that. but it's still a d4 event so bad shifts can come just as easy as good ones. 

Archived