CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March Madness 03/03/2014 -------> The EURO abides

winterymix

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is right of course to be cautious and not overreact to any one model solution, but the Euro is a major snowstorm...maybe not worth mentioning based on one run

I think this was done prior to seeing the Euro.

I don't know , just watched a video by Evan Myers,on the Accu-weather.com , time stamped 3:04 PM. EST today, and he says , Wilmington ,De. , Philly, Baltimore around 2 , maybe 3 or 4 inches. I guess waiting to ensure the trend colder and snowier remains.  Conservative yes, maybe not buying the massive Southward move on the latest Euro, interesting. That really does not even match the map posted that goes along with the video.  

I give credit to the EURO on locking into the 2/12-2/13 system.  Let's hope the EURO can stay consistent for the next several runs and hold serve again.  Still a lot of model mayhem to sort out.

You said there would be no more snow storms of note until next December. Hopefully you'll do the right thing and stop posting here.

I'm not sure why you seem motivated to troll nowadays. 75 miles on a global model that runs twice a day is pretty small. But if you think it's huge you are entitled your opinion. 

Have nothing but respect for you Bob.  I am trolling, but not you.  The FACT is that the models do well sometimes, both of them, and sometimes they don't, both of them.  My trolling is directed at others, none named Bob, Matt, Ian, Randy, etc.  Just because I quoted your post doesn't mean I was coming after you.  It was an opportunity.  Apologies if warranted.

I give credit to the EURO on locking into the 2/12-2/13 system.  Let's hope the EURO can stay consistent for the next several runs and hold serve again.  Still a lot of model mayhem to sort out.

It did.  And it's locked on now, too.  It's like a 9 pound largemouth locked on to a spinner bait.................yeah, steady.

Have nothing but respect for you Bob.  I am trolling, but not you.  The FACT is that the models do well sometimes, both of them, and sometimes they don't, both of them.  My trolling is directed at others, none named Bob, Matt, Ian, Randy, etc.  Just because I quoted your post doesn't mean I was coming after you.  It was an opportunity.  Apologies if warranted.

We're good. No worries. 

Being on the border between win and fail has us all on edge. And hugging any one model is a mistake. Just as discounting any model is a mistake. Now that the gfs and euro both show some promise the confidence in at least a decent chance at a frozen event has gone up. I'm really happy with the euro ens run. Not as much with the gefs but the euro ens has better resolution

We're good. No worries. 

Being on the border between win and fail has us all on edge. And hugging any one model is a mistake. Just as discounting any model is a mistake. Now that the gfs and euro both show some promise the confidence in at least a decent chance at a frozen event has gone up. I'm really happy with the euro ens run. Not as much with the gefs but the euro ens has better resolution

:thumbsup:

Archived