Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 20 th Snow Ice CAD event Obs discussion banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been hearing some loud bangs and bumps. Roof slides or icicles falling is my guess. Maybe a branch or 2?

roof? I saw a house today in Bolton CT that was a repo with obviously no heat, the pack was crazy. News tonight loaded with failed roofs. The frozen waterfalls on the cliffs on the highway are my new fetish. Totally deep winter everywhere you look.

Almost didn't make the 600' incline to the house, even with 4wd.  31F and steady zr here after (it looks like) .5" of snow.  Very bad out there locally, especially off of the highways.  The icy areas begin around Amherst, NH and above 400' elevation, mostly slushy ponding and street flooding below that (Chelmsford to Nashua).  

Pouring heavy wet snow when I arrived to work in the west end of Portland. Now a mix of snow/sleet. Awful commute from Bath to Portland this morning. Roads slushy with very wet snow clogging the windshield. Normal 50 minute commute took an hour and a half. Wife reports .50" snow/sleet on the board at home. Home temp: 31.6°F.

Wx cam from home. Looks like vis is about 1/2 mile. In the background is Arrowsic Island, approx 1/4 mile away.

post-2106-0-86606900-1392984051_thumb.jp

Archived