Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 20 th Snow Ice CAD event Obs discussion banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to wet snowflakes now, no real damage from this aside from settling of the snowpack.  High was 37F at 750ft and 34F at 1,500ft. 

Upslope response now with strong westerly wind and some left over moisture. Bright banding in the Champlain Valley as the snow level is probably just off the deck in the valley.

Feb_21radar.gif

There is a lot of warmer air still...I wonder if it bounces around.

Just a weird day. When I got up and it was still 31.7 and ice this morning I knew something was up. Didn't get to 33 until after 9:00 am and then just stayed 35-36 most of the day. Shot up to 38.7 when the downpour came and then big burst of west winds and temp shot back down to 34. And is still dropping now. But I look at ALB and DXR and they all warmer.weird

Just a weird day. When I got up and it was still 31.7 and ice this morning I knew something was up. Didn't get to 33 until after 9:00 am and then just stayed 35-36 most of the day. Shot up to 38.7 when the downpour came and then big burst of west winds and temp shot back down to 34. And is still dropping now. But I look at ALB and DXR and they all warmer.weird

WF made it to my house now per mesonet. You are probably just getting puffs of colder air near the ground, but your temp will tickle up I think before coming down as air mixes out. This pretty much is what happens.

WF made it to my house now per mesonet. You are probably just getting puffs of colder air near the ground, but your temp will tickle up I think before coming down as air mixes out. This pretty much is what happens.

Damn furnace made it, come on CF!!!

Thunderstorm wiped out the 0 visibility fog and the temp shot up from 39F to 51F.  Meltdown now in full force after hanging tough past two days.  Ready for a clean slate for next week into March.

Lightning stikes with dense fog and snow cover is a new one for me.  Warm fronts seem to be the only situation where t-storms actually make it across Narragansett Bay without disintegrating.

Archived