• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 20 th Snow Ice CAD event Obs discussion banter

Ginx snewx

There could actually be a brief period of snow to start off tonight north of the pike...between about 9pm and midnight. Doesn't look like much but perhaps where it falls decent a quick inch could happen...mostly likely up in SW NH and over to S VT and Rt 2 corridor....sems like that is the best spot for the WAA band to set up.

Had a film of sleet on surfaces this morning

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

roof? I saw a house today in Bolton CT that was a repo with obviously no heat, the pack was crazy. News tonight loaded with failed roofs. The frozen waterfalls on the cliffs on the highway are my new fetish. Totally deep winter everywhere you look.

Not the roof. Things were dropping. Now that it is light I don't see anything.

the only defense i have with loosing the snowpack is that weve done really well for so late in winter and the higher sun angle etc so its kinda sad to see it go, it could be a lot of winters before we get a two week run like we just had but as good as it was and no matter how good upcoming pattern is it will be unlikely to reach pack levels of 10-11, too bad about january bc we couldve really gone for the gold....anyways i have lots of other worries too like a grandmother with pnuemonia and my partners business doing poorly and yet i still am concerned about loosing the comfort of a big snowpack

Catastrophic snowpack losses are only confined to the warm sector today and that looks really brief... esp north fo the pike...if it even happens at all. Triple point low may actually track over E MA.

A 48/24 day will lose some, esp in sunny exposed south slopes and on dark roof tops, but they are generally fairly benign. (like 1-2" type loss). I predict that I'll measure somewhere around 18" of snow still on the ground in ORH come Sunday evening.

Archived