joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 20 th Snow Ice CAD event Obs discussion banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay...you are starting to warm up.  Here is the title of the post you need to write:

"The glacierization of New England: Real possibility of record snow pack in New England as teleconnectors line up to produce rarely seen cryosphere.  High latitude blocking and meriodinal flow to produce 50 inch snow pack in large swaths of New England?"

dude you are on a roll today!

I realize the breadth of the interior is under an advisory for a small amount of snow and a tenth to .25" of icing, but I am wondering if for many it ends up being a 33F thing.   

There is more space above freezing with the temperature, than  there is below freezing with the DP.  The WB, not including other factors, should be above freezing.  Yet ...hmm, the NAM bufkit for Orange has snow --> IP -- R, at less than 30F.  Interesting.  

Any explanation for that?

N ORH county and SW NH and maybe over to MPM's area could def pick up a quick inch or two later tonight. We'll have to see how intense the initial band is...if its weak, then probably just some icy/chunky flakes that don't pile up much, but a heavier burst could drop some light accumulations.

N ORH county and SW NH and maybe over to MPM's area could def pick up a quick inch or two later tonight. We'll have to see how intense the initial band is...if its weak, then probably just some icy/chunky flakes that don't pile up much, but a heavier burst could drop some light accumulations.

Did you see the 18z NAM -- ha, that you'd go out of your way to ever do so... But, it had over .5" melted equiv qpf, west - east through the state. 

I agree as well...was just talking about that at work. That's going to be a sneaky inch or two there. Might even spill into this part of Middlesex county.

Did you see the 18z NAM -- ha, that you'd go out of your way to ever do so... But, it had over .5" melted equiv qpf, west - east through the state. 

I agree as well...was just talking about that at work. That's going to be a sneaky inch or two there. Might even spill into this part of Middlesex county.

Yeah, I could envision some icy chunks mixed with pellets to start and then flipping to a brief 1-2 hour period of large aggregates as the intensity increases that drop a quick inch or two in spots...generally Rt 2 corridor into SW NH but perhaps as far south as the pike region...at least west of 128 where the BL will be colder.

This is of course contigient on getting a good burst of precip to begin with and not having it just be light stuff.

sitting in a mosquito filled airport in India will do that to a guy.

those lr runs give me meridiional weenie

Really?  Why -

My friend had to go over there for 5 weeks to train some people back before NAFTA started looking like a dumb idea.  He described the backdrop of India as either living like kings or paupers.  We think we got it bad with our stress on the middle class and ever widening gap between poverty and the rich, over there takes that economic consequence to a steroid extreme.  

Sponsored by his company, he of course was put up in a 4-star hotel with all the amenities. But he could look down the street from his balcony where he could observe some indigent squatting to take a sh!t in the gutter, others wondering around in tattered rags like it was just par for the course.  Windows with no glass and curtains flitting out side them, the common theme.  Mopeds with 4 occupants piled on going in different direction.  Huge crowds with bad hygiene, unbearable heat and the humidity, combined with pretty much no protocols for pollution and litter made the streets repulsive with unbearable odors, if not down right scary.  Every once in a long while, some uber shiny SUV would roll on by, some vestige of a teeny fraction of those that must own all the wealth over there.  

There was a bit of a meme over the U.S. about 4 years ago, that popularized the Indian culture. Film and entertainment featured a few works... But I had/have the inside story from someone over there that was exposed to the culture first hand, and he said it would be the last place on Earth he would deliberately pay a visit.  Maybe that is not the case any more -- it has been about 5 years since he was over there. 

So does the NAM... I've been trying to say that --   

see, I said it first... .nah, nah, nah-nah nah.  See how smart I am?   Aren't you impress.ed....  

Well imptressive to see the GFS do that...the NAM..well we know it can be out to lunch..but that is quite the burst of precip modeled and radar agrees.

Well imptressive to see the GFS do that...the NAM..well we know it can be out to lunch..but that is quite the burst of precip modeled and radar agrees.

Fwiw, I don't tomorrow is getting that warm N of the CT/RI border....  In fact, we may actually kick in with an a-geo drain, the kind where the air smells like fireplace smoke and the chimney plumes drift S.  

Meanwhile, Kevin is windexing his shiny dome.  ( I had to strike first because he's stroking his nape ...)

Anyway, looks like a triple point weak circulation then keeps it locked in ... May not be icing the whole time, but could easily see this thing stay show of 40F from ORH-FIT. 

Then as is typical, the warm period is that 5 hours after cold fropa and the west wind/lag CAA.  

Pf , ill be at ur mtn, march 2-4'th. maybe ill be lucky and see another one of ur -20f mornings ...ughhhh

lol, nice.  Yeah as long as the PV moves back in, we'll go back to our dry and cold pattern up here.  Per this winter's SOP, looks like much better chances for snow in the northern mid-Atlantic into SNE as we head towards March 1st, but what can ya do?  Its just amazingly persistent this season. 

We should take a few runs.  Maybe TK will be in town, haha.

Fwiw, I don't tomorrow is getting that warm N of the CT/RI border.... In fact, we may actually kick in with an a-geo drain, the kind where the air smells like fireplace smoke and the chimney plumes drift S.

Meanwhile, Kevin is windexing his shiny dome. ( I had to strike first because he's stroking his nape ...)

Anyway, looks like a triple point weak circulation then keeps it locked in ... May not be icing the whole time, but could easily see this thing stay show of 40F from ORH-FIT.

Then as is typical, the warm period is that 5 hours after cold fropa and the west wind/lag CAA.

You think like 58-62 /58 here?

Archived