amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Clipper 2/14-2/15

WidreMann

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know why WxSouth thinks it will be cold enough for snow instead of rain? Just wondering what he thinks will cause it to happen.

His Facebook page seems to indicate that he thinks dynamic cooling will do the trick. It's not impossible, but the thing needs to really develop perfectly and bring the hammer if we're gonna get dynamics to overcome the deep above freezing boundary layer. He did say it was a high bust potential, which I agree with.

Yeah good point pack.

Soundings are supportive of enough dry air for some evaporative cooling with the potential 33-34 temp. But I think the soundings might be a little warm.

BTW  look at radar over MS... A good squall line extending from the h5 s/w. Upper 40s to low 50s around there with thunderstorms.

Noticed that, how often do you get thunderstorms with a clipper.   Pretty impressive upper air features.   Hope I get enough rain to clear all the treatment crap off the roads and I can wash my car

One irrelevant fact is that our temperatures aren't significantly higher than places on the other side of the mountains like Charleston, WV, which is under a Winter Storm Warning.

Anyways, it is 44/28 as of 8 PM. I'm feeling overconfident since I've got snow on the ground.

My yard is mostly a layer of gray slush with a few bare spots. By tomorrow any trace of the historic storm, will be history.

Noticed that, how often do you get thunderstorms with a clipper.   Pretty impressive upper air features.   Hope I get enough rain to clear all the treatment crap off the roads and I can wash my car

Not very often in fact I don't remember any right of the top of my head.

Lol temps are warming here.

Whats your elevation?

4 hour loop of spc does show the 850 0c isotherm making steady progress S/E, right now over the mountains.

Buddy1987, on 14 Feb 2014 - 9:33 PM, said:

Hollins which is the closest reporting weather station in Roanoke County is 36.7 with a dew of 26 one can only hope but I don't think it's gonna happen coming through at the right time.

Glad to see someone is using my other station on that side of town. ;)

36.2 over at my place. It's gonna be close.

Glad to see someone is using my other station on that side of town. ;)

36.2 over at my place. It's gonna be close.

Hahaha is that you?? I always use that one because it's the only one that really is remotely close to my residence. It did stay clearer here a little longer this evening than I thought. Gonna keep my expectations low tho.

While I'm quite sceptical if we see even a couple of flakes out of this that would be 4 out of the last 5 days with snow in Charlotte. I done know if I've ever seen that in my 17 1/2 years here.

Fwiw I think we are way too warm though

Buddy1987, on 14 Feb 2014 - 9:47 PM, said:

Hahaha is that you?? I always use that one because it's the only one that really is remotely close to my residence. It did stay clearer here a little longer this evening than I thought. Gonna keep my expectations low tho.

Some of my family is over in that part of town so of course I had to set up my second station over there on their house. It's a great way to compare temps from one side of Roanoke to the other.

As far as this clipper goes, I won't be too disappointed if we don't get anything. It'll be a bummer watching the rain eat at the snowpack though.

Archived