• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part V

JamieOber

LOL, Lincoln will try and get it in, always have always will. I'll go cheer on Brent, he's a heck of a wheel man though Greg will be tought this year. I go to Port nearly every week and let's just say they are in trouble this year haha. Yea, I'll be at DIS for Thursday on but will sneak out Thursday night maybe.[/quote

Enjoy

It! Looks like snow only a few miles away to my south moving quixkly north. Anyone in York with some ground updates on what radar is showing?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First flakes just starting to fall slowly.  After hitting a very pleasant 44 degrees this afternoon the temp radiated back down to 25 before rising back up after the clouds rolled in.  Sitting at 29.2 / 25.3.

Zak is still moping over missing the CCB action last night apparently.  My point and click went up an inch from 2 to 5 before to 3 to 6 now.  I'm banking on at least 3" for both me and Zak.  With the storm in a great position and the trough going negative I doubt the mountains have much if any effect on southern tier totals.

After this one we even have Monday night event which turned colder on the models this afternoon making it an all-snow event.

Roof collapse at WGAL reported. You ok, AllWeather?

I'm fine, thanks for asking! I left the building just about an hour before the collapse. We had heard strange popping noises for the past couple days and had no idea what they were...just assumed it was someone working on something. 

No one was hurt, but we are now in the Lancaster Municipal building nearby the station while they assess the integrity of the beams. I'll be doing weather on our livestream with no graphics and no radar to show. Just my mug on camera yammering about snow again. Can't wait!

Light snow here in Tamaqua at 4:15AM. Eyeballing about 3/4 inch so far. Per radar, the precip shield looks a bit spotty, but it does look like there's a lot of moisture south. Does it work north/northeastward, or do we stay kind of spotty with just intermittent light snows for part of the day. That is the question. Temp is 26 here.

No real change here. Eyeball estimate was right on. Have 3/4 inch so far. Snow intensity has gotten a bit lighter since the first obs post though. We'll see what happens. At this point, though, I don't care if we get one inch or four inches. There is nowhere to put any additional snow in our tight, inner city-like neighborhood. Shovel it onto a pile and it just falls right back down.

Archived