• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 13-14 Storm Banter Thread

ORH_wxman

I still have to talk to you about the extreme snowhole during the Freezard of Jan. 2-3.  Where every report around me was 8"-9" including my home town and i couldn't find anything over 5"-5.5" meaning 6" max.  That never happens to me with snow, and it's been happening a lot recently, though nothing like that storm.  My house usually gets the NWS attention for being too High, and now I don't even report in some storms cause it's usually lower than the other NWS in town.  

You think I can hold snow until 2pm?  Only chance of getting this 10" you speak of on the EURO.  

oh yes, I meant to call you back then totally forgot....sorry about that. I will get you back. I'll take a look at that one.

I think you will hold snow until 2pm tomorrow.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh yes, I meant to call you back then totally forgot....sorry about that. I will get you back. I'll take a look at that one.

I think you will hold snow until 2pm tomorrow.

Cool and Thanks.  I know you're a busy one.  On the bright side, my 7" compact base has not lost a flake in like 10 days.  Been awesome though I have not been out to sled at all as I've been too busy on career.  

If the NAM has 6-8 out front and the EURO has 10-12 my 6-12 that I've had since Monday is what i'm sticking with.  TWC's 1-3 5 miles south of me is ALWAYS a good sign.  I always kill it when they do their conservative old fashioned TWC crap.  They've really been more on the bullish side since they';ve gone Mainstream..... and ya know.... started destroying our winters..... with naming storms ans stuff....  

"Cory do you remember a snowstorm about 10 years back that was..."  "OH the Blizzard of 2013 ya!..."  "No no Cory... ahhh OH NEMO, YES NEMO you remember Nemo?"   :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:

Cool and Thanks.  I know you're a busy one.  On the bright side, my 7" compact base has not lost a flake in like 10 days.  Been awesome though I have not been out to sled at all as I've been too busy on career.  

If the NAM has 6-8 out front and the EURO has 10-12 my 6-12 that I've had since Monday is what i'm sticking with.  TWC's 1-3 5 miles south of me is ALWAYS a good sign.  I always kill it when they do their conservative old fashioned TWC crap.  They've really been more on the bullish side since they';ve gone Mainstream..... and ya know.... started destroying our winters..... with naming storms ans stuff....  

"Cory do you remember a snowstorm about 10 years back that was..."  "OH the Blizzard of 2013 ya!..."  "No no Cory... ahhh OH NEMO, YES NEMO you remember Nemo?"   :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe: 

I can't stand the naming of winter storms either. :lol:

I can't stand the naming of winter storms either. :lol:

They Are Not 1 System!  A Tropical System is a CLEARLY defined system.  When they interact the Whole world watches because it's so rare (Fujiwawa actually haha) and even still they are separate storms.  To have 1 eat another is VERY rare.  

Winter Storms?  They're elongated, they break up, they create new parts like a stemming virus, they... we could go on and on.  It's just making the Stupider NOT have to learn anything new and stay stupid and what I just posted.... is my BIGGEST fear.  

Ya know the fear that I'm going to kill someone in that discussion after they remember a storm by its name when it was a 5 day 32 Low Pressure Total system that had a name of the highest level of respect to us - Naming it after a holiday or putting the B word before it and attaching a year.  

Washington DC Getting Pounded and the Southern states that were in the 10-15 zones got 2" and are ready to do Weenie Suicide.  The culprit?  They seemed to complain a lot about the EURO being Way too far West a day to a day and a half out.  Interesting.  I was quick reading but that, and them waiting for this uber band to develop in NC tomorrow morning seemed to be the main pieces of news.  

Ya d.c gettin silly snow rates, bmi- philly should go nuts as well, like 2-3/"hr stuff

Ot but I still cant comprehemd that storm where we had 5-6" /hr rates in a few towns reported across north central mass and mets are like ??? Wet how Did it Happen. Think jacks were like 20-22 or so.

This moisture is bulging right up damn ct valley quickly ...damn!

Cape Ann 28 in gloucster at beach

30 near marshfield (GHG ) beaches ...

sons school in pvd cancelled last night, tough call for them . kids attend from all over the state and mass. they depend on local busing in some cases which is difficult to coordinate when some school districts cancel and others are on 1 hr delay. logistical nightmare so they punt

I called it though.  I knew they were going to do it.  Can't say I blame them but you can make a debate on either side to which I would err on the side of caution.

Prob smart...could still be absolutely ripping around 2-3pm...when schools normalyl get out. Even if it flips by then, it will have not been for very long so things will still be a mess.

Prob smart...could still be absolutely ripping around 2-3pm...when schools normalyl get out. Even if it flips by then, it will have not been for very long so things will still be a mess.

That's how I felt as well.  It was a no-win situation.  We knew the AM commute was not going to all that bad but the afternoon one was going to be a bear.  Also with ~5000 students in the schools, I think it easier to make that call.

My buddy teaching in Ashland has dismissal @1145, brain dead call.

Lets send buses out when it will be POUNDING Snow. Honestly the politics if cancellations should be overthrown. Cxl school and tell moronic parents who call crying that conditions arent forecast to be safe at early dismissal time.

That is a dumb time to send them home. I discussed that with our admin this week wrt timing. Early dismissals are so hairy. Little kids going home to an empty house is not prudent

is there anything better than a snow storm that starts first thing in the morning? enjoying my coffee, surfing and getting ready to take the dog out. She has been staring out the window watching it snow. She's ready....

nope this is the balls, snow increasing, little Italian sweet cream in the coffee, all five dogs romping outside, outstanding

Archived