e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 13-14 Storm Banter Thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be painful to watch the radar today, with a gargantuan dryslot quickly rushing in and farther west than most anticipated.  Then watching NYS/VT cash in on the back-end, while we flurry with a drying west wind.

For verification, NWS will be tossing storm reports even more than usual.

Classic, fickle coastal hugger when you're left hoping for the dryslot to end the rain.

do you think we even break 6 inches?  ugghhhh

In Boston now, so glad I didn't get my hopes up for this storm. There was such promise for some heavy snow though. Such a dreary and depressing look as the snow that fell has turned to slop and the cold rain continues to fall. 

This was an epic toaster bath for the eastern portions of the warning area, all of the advisory area and the Cape.

(and particularly for those at KTAN)

I never expected more than an inch or so here but I was surprised this morning.   colossal bust in the SE/e coastal areas for many. 

Looking forward to bare ground and roads shortly...and now they'll be cleaned of salt too.

I will reintroduce and old term..."dynamic fooling"....

Until Saturday......

I wouldn't call this a colossal bust, but a bust nonetheless.  Colossal bust is 2" with a forecasted 10", at least to me.

This was an epic toaster bath for the eastern portions of the warning area, all of the advisory area and the Cape.

(and particularly for those at KTAN)

I just can't believe how some of the models handled this. I stayed up for the Euro and was pretty psyched for this morning. Still strange to see the precip shield seemingly dragged to the West. Oh well, glad to see some other areas get some great snows. 

It's colossal over here. 2-4"  with an advisory and not even a dusting.  Most of the cape saw just a few flakes and they had 1-2.  Bob was in the 4-6/6-8 and he's got a 1/2" of slop.

No one's forecast was bullet-proof for this one...we knew there would be surprises. Bust is a bust, though.

It's colossal over here. 2-4" with an advisory and not even a dusting. Most of the cape saw just a few flakes and they had 1-2. Bob was in the 4-6/6-8 and he's got a 1/2" of slop.

Me being all the way over on the west side of town I may verify 4-6. However I'm on the 4-6 6-8 line, so I really need 6 to verify. Coming down insane right now, but I'm on borrowed time

East west gradient in play for sure

Archived