e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 13-14 Storm Banter Thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You never go big enough , I understand when you did it for a living but now expand your horizons, think outside the box once in a while, take off your stuffed buttoned to the top shirt and let it fly. Live on the edge, not in the middle all the time. Lol

I think I was heavier than anyone in the storm last March when people were cliff diving without parachutes when QPF shifted by 0.4" each run, and worrying about the DC bust translating up here.

How about Feb 24, 2010 when everyone was going 1-3/2-4 for ORH county and I was being called a kook for going 9-13"?

I've stuck my neck out many times....but going big is only good when there's reason to.

13 years before I was born crazy enough

Not that I like being and getting older but it was a truly awesome storm. Was so mild and peaceful the day before. By 3 PM on the the day it started it was raging. I had a paper route at the time and almost could not walk. Remember mets saying on next day that storm had stalled. People were

really scared. How long much snow could we get?

I think I was heavier than anyone in the storm last March when people were cliff diving without parachutes when QPF shifted by 0.4" each run, and worrying about the DC bust translating up here.

How about Feb 24, 2010 when everyone was going 1-3/2-4 for ORH county and I was being called a kook for going 9-13"?

I've stuck my neck out many times....but going big is only good when there's reason to.

I know lol but that was fun welcome to the treehouse

Not that I like being and getting older but it was a truly awesome storm. Was so mild and peaceful the day before. By 3 PM on the the day it started it was raging. I had a paper route at the time and almost could not walk. Remember mets saying on next day that storm had stalled. People were

really scared. How long much snow could we get?

Talk about a "stinger", that was the mother of all wraparound snows.

I thought I read Warren Ma had 50 inches or thereabouts in that storm.

ORH had 36" in the 1888 storm...would be the biggest storm all time there but records didn't become official until 1892 in ORH...so its just an unofficial total. Warren probably had more, but not sure about 50 inches.

ORH had 36" in the 1888 storm...would be the biggest storm all time there but records didn't become official until 1892 in ORH...so its just an unofficial total. Warren probably had more, but not sure about 50 inches.

My memory's a little hazy as I get older but I remember reading they had a huge total, maybe 40's and two story homes had drifts to the roofs. Can't find the book, must have stored it somewhere.

Corey P google image search yielded this beaut, whos the babe in the middle?

slam.jpg

Will you have given me the Best news I could hope for.  A GREAT EURO Run after it started as the Western Outlier it's come to what the NAM had days ago with a Big 10"-12" dump on the front.  I knew the consistent NAM was the way to go (now it's very warm but still dumps 6"-8" before the changeover).  

The woman in the middle was at a festival in Somerville once (WORST THING I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE. Ugh.) and the girl on the right is a BU Professor, Marie Abe.  No idea how she got it.  She's "alright".  And that's an OLD picture of me before my flamed accordion.  I'll be posting my Daft Punk Playing WHILE sledding video again tomorrow.  

Corey, rip out a few tunes tomorrow when its snowing 1-2 inches per hour in the morning/midday.

I still have to talk to you about the extreme snowhole during the Freezard of Jan. 2-3.  Where every report around me was 8"-9" including my home town and i couldn't find anything over 5"-5.5" meaning 6" max.  That never happens to me with snow, and it's been happening a lot recently, though nothing like that storm.  My house usually gets the NWS attention for being too High, and now I don't even report in some storms cause it's usually lower than the other NWS in town.  

You think I can hold snow until 2pm?  Only chance of getting this 10" you speak of on the EURO.  

Archived