Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 13-14 Storm Banter Thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MARSHFIELD MIX PCPN 36 34 93 E14

The only thing that has surprised me is that the heavy precip had no impact on lowering temps.

Radarscopes rain/snow thingy now has it rushing all the way up through eastern PYM county...almost to Braintree. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Still snowing here at my office in Quincy next to Neponset bridge.

34.2 and it's rising.  It's pouring now, the drops have random cores to them but I think the battle was lost here.  OUCH.  I figured at least an inch... we got a trace and that was gone in moments.

Having an advisory or warning seems to be the kiss of death this winter for MBY. 

Will update if we get a surprise flip, but heavy rain, temp rising and no signs of those 2-4"

MARSHFIELD     MIX PCPN  36  34  93 E14

The only thing that has surprised me is that the heavy precip had no impact on lowering temps. 

Radarscopes rain/snow thingy now has it rushing all the way up through eastern PYM county...almost to Braintree.  Not sure how accurate that is though.

It's snowing in marhfield.

It has the feel that reports are going to be variable. The ole wait-a-minute weather. Could be ripping and just across town Light crap, back and forth, flip and flop. And each passing hour ripping will just be flipping. DS will seem like an eternity then overnight, well, we know the routine and what's modeled.     

Still snowing in Fall River. Longitude probably helps.

Acushnet, at least the part where I live, looks like its right on the line but holding on to Snow.

Either way..don't see getting more than 2" out of this

Coastal front is a beast.  I didn't expect much at all ever out of this, I did expect at least a 1/2 or 1"....when we torch this bad this early that usually isn't good for the guys immediately to my N&W.    Normally this is one of those deals where even Ray ends up sweating it if I get this warm this fast, but this may be a different case.

It's a proximity to east facing beaches thing...you may be able to overcome that warmth with dynamics until the warmth pushes up from the south.  There were models that hinted at this first pulse of ocean air making it all the way to Gloucester this morning right along the coast and my guess is those will be right.  Boston may be tucked back enough to avoid it right on the water.

I'll cry if I taint

Get the tissues...taint is getting all the way back to the Berkshires probably.

But you'll be mostly dryslotted by the time that happens...probably some freezing drizzle or light freezing rian for a time this evening.

Snowing moderately here. Vis is def an issue on the roads. Almost a fog. 1/4 mile

About 1" so far. Roads are messy/icy

There is a little fog up this way, not snow-related. 

I'll cry if I taint

storm just began and it's already rain in SE MA, that's not a good sign. 

Get the tissues...taint is getting all the way back to the Berkshires probably.

But you'll be mostly dryslotted by the time that happens...probably some freezing drizzle or light freezing rian for a time this evening.

LOL I'll get a box ready then. well I guess in that case it makes no difference. I'm hoping the scorpion stinger backlash gives me a couple more inches then I'll be happy

It's going to be painful to watch the radar today, with a gargantuan dryslot quickly rushing in and farther west than most anticipated.  Then watching NYS/VT cash in on the back-end, while we flurry with a drying west wind.

For verification, NWS will be tossing storm reports even more than usual.

Classic, fickle coastal hugger when you're left hoping for the dryslot to end the rain.

It's going to be painful to watch the radar today, with a gargantuan dryslot quickly rushing in and farther west than most anticipated.  Then watching NYS/VT cash in on the back-end, while we flurry with a drying west wind.

For verification, NWS will be tossing storm reports even more than usual.

Classic, fickle coastal hugger when you're left hoping for the dryslot to end the rain.

I never expected more than an inch or so here but I was surprised this morning.   colossal bust in the SE/e coastal areas for many. 

Looking forward to bare ground and roads shortly...and now they'll be cleaned of salt too.

I will reintroduce and old term..."dynamic fooling"....

Until Saturday......

Archived