• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Feb 13-14 Storm Banter Thread

ORH_wxman

The main storm thread is becoming so cluttered that even mass deleting is hard to keep up with the non-analytical posts.

Therefore, we will do like last year and have a thread just for this storm where everyone can post every emotion that these harrowing model runs subject us to.

Have at it.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more tick

Will do the trick

25 miles could mean a lot for some.

I've already uninvested myself emotionally so anything I get over 2" is a bonus in my eyes.I hope King James has severely tempered his 12"+ for Cape Cod, MA expectations

If you beleive the latest euro you'll do better than 2 inches. I'm starting to be sucked back in lol. 6 inches would be great

i am starting to wonder how much time ive spent wasted following this monstrosity, including two nights with hardly any sleep. i think the radar in the deep south looks sloppy and unimpressive. is all this disjointedness due to a lack of real blocking? the thought of a nyc burial and eastern burial and inbetween lackluster is worse than several inches of sloppy snow being washed away.....to love snow in this area in a winter with lots of opportunity but such epic dissapointment save for a week ago is really wearing me down....eventually the pendulum will shift back to more like the 80s and for some of us looking back on this last 15 year stretch wont be that memorable....i probably wouldnt be so upset but the euro is a great model and where theres smoke theres usually fire....:(

How much for Taunton?

When does it start?

Will schools be open?

I have a flight tomorrow AM, you think it will be ok?

I'll be pissed if I don't get 18"

If I taint, I'm going to throw a rock at my computer screen.

Screw everyone else, my back yard is more important than your's.

If it doesn't snow IMBY, does this mean the end of life as we know it?

How much for Taunton?

When does it start?

Will schools be open?

I have a flight tomorrow AM, you think it will be ok?

I'll be pissed if I don't get 18"

If I taint, I'm going to throw a rock at my computer screen.

Screw everyone else, my back yard is more important than your's.

You left out the "I'm driving from East Bumbang, NY to Sugartits, ME, what time should I leave??"

We will take the number of weenie meltdowns and divide by the number of QPF posts moneypitmike makes...then multiply by the number of times Ginxy says "epic", "1899", "1993", or "12/9/05" to get an accurate depiction of the EDI of this storm.

EDI = Emotional Damage Intensity

This is an experimental metric that might fail...just as a disclaimer.

The owners of this site are well aware of the issues we have been having and have know about them for several weeks.  It looks like a software issue by all indications.  The server and associated hardware are functioning just fine and are barely being taxed with the amount of users on the site as of late.  As you've seen it's been SQL errors popping every 6 hours as the models come out.  It may be associated to the constant refreshing/F5 being done.  They have contacted someone they've used in the past who has experience with SQL to look into it.  Hopefully there will be some resolution to it.

We will take the number of weenie meltdowns and divide by the number of QPF posts moneypitmike makes...then multiply by the number of times Ginxy says "epic", "1899", "1993", or "12/9/05" to get an accurate depiction of the EDI of this storm.

EDI = Emotional Damage Intensity

This is an experimental metric that might fail...just as a disclaimer.

LOl FU, but when we said epicosity you laughed, the country is not . I suppose we could divide all that by the times you mention 92,97 and ORH 

Archived