mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Feb 13-14 Storm Banter Thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if this is a Canal Cruiser...which likely it will be...the CCB is gonna be out west for the berks...for the coastal plain, it's about the front end thump...but watch it like a hawk because you want to shovel it before it has a chance to absorb 1in of liquid...i'm skeptical of back lash...usually materializes for ME and NH...but MA, not so much

if this is a Canal Cruiser...which likely it will be...the CCB is gonna be out west for the berks...for the coastal plain, it's about the front end thump...but watch it like a hawk because you want to shovel it before it has a chance to absorb 1in of liquid...i'm skeptical of back lash...usually materializes for ME and NH...but MA, not so much

You need something extraordinary for those to be prolific when the low is that close to the coast...and this is not that.

Maybe the prom queen will say hi to as at the end of the night, as she wipes the vomit from her dress, but I can't see more than a consolation inch from that here on the cp.

Not with that evolution.

You need something extraordinary for those to be prolific when the low is that close to the coast...and this is not that.

Maybe the prom queen will say hi to as at the end of the night, as she wipes the vomit from her dress, but I can't see more than a consolation inch from that here on the cp.

Not with that evolution.

i don't think i'm getting more than 4inch before i go to rain...this is going to be like that epic thunder snow storm with cantore in Worcester getting slammed with a blue bomb and i'm a cold rain

i don't think i'm getting more than 4inch before i go to rain...this is going to be like that epic thunder snow storm with cantore in Worcester getting slammed with a blue bomb and i'm a cold rain

I still like my thoughts from yesterday.

6-12" outside of 495

4-8" 128-495 belt

3-6" inside of 128

2-5" below that

Harv's numbers matched up with that well tonight.

Buy a 2-stage snowblower, then you don't have to give a fudge

Not with that evolution.

:lmao:

Nice. Yeah the CCB stuff isn't going to destroy most of us. The ull is deepening very rapidly, so a general flash to steady light snow will probably happen...but like you mentioned, most likely an inch or two. Perhaps ORH picks up 3-5" but the real stuff is probably for ALB/Taconics/Greens.

What I do, is maintain objectivity and realism, something lost upon you of late.

Same crap in the January event...you sent me links of every remote mesoscale model under the sun in an effort to convince yourself that we'd get hit.

24 hours and 1 inch later, I get texts from you lamenting how badly the event sucked.

Earlier this morning, you melted down....just let go of the ccb/deformation fetish, and enjoy a nice, mod event.

The models can show what ever the fu** they want.

We don't get CCbs with H7s over w MA.

Sorry.

Period.

Objectivity and realism, oh. Wasn't aware when the majority of the models show something consistently for many suites (which the GFS just did 5 minutes ago) I was being unrealistic. H7 is over the GOM, have you looked? 

I'm sure this "Models can show whatever they want IDC attitude, we don't get this here" attitude would have worked wonders for your forecast in the October Blizzard a few years ago.

I enjoy rooting for a scenario to develop.I definitely don't enjoy sitting back and writing it off prematurely at 60 hrs out. All that is, is a numbers game- nothing more. Every respected met on here has said its a highly unpredictable situation today. Even mentioned it could likely slide east in the last few runs, which would definitely bring us through with a period of moderate to heavy snow. Does that mean they think the CCB will hit us? No. The last thing it means is right it off just because usually it doesn't happen. 

Hopefully what we miss tomorrow we can make up for Saturday night.

Wow, the GFS was close there to something much bigger....Euro was interesting too. That could be a sneaky weenie event for E MA....wrong thread for that, but this is banter at least.

Yes I was just about to ask about that..but in the other thread. Its slipping under the radar because of this one

Its def worth keeping an eye on...might be best for those peeps (like your area) that struggle the most with this current storm.

Rarely have i seen BOX as well as sne's best mets so unsure of the BVY-BOS-PVD corridor . Never.

This is wrt front end thump P type. Epic battle of east winds against OMEGA.

Also that little weenie high pressure trying to "bridge over from N of Lake Superior to the retreating high across Maine is another wild card in my mind wrt potential N drain and temp gradient tommorrow am.

Objectivity and realism, oh. Wasn't aware when the majority of the models show something consistently for many suites (which the GFS just did 5 minutes ago) I was being unrealistic. H7 is over the GOM, have you looked? 

I'm sure this "Models can show whatever they want IDC attitude, we don't get this here" attitude would have worked wonders for your forecast in the October Blizzard a few years ago.

I enjoy rooting for a scenario to develop.I definitely don't enjoy sitting back and writing it off prematurely at 60 hrs out. All that is, is a numbers game- nothing more. Every respected met on here has said its a highly unpredictable situation today. Even mentioned it could likely slide east in the last few runs, which would definitely bring us through with a period of moderate to heavy snow. Does that mean they think the CCB will hit us? No. The last thing it means is right it off just because usually it doesn't happen. 

Objectivity, and realism involves incorporating model output, not regurgitating it.

Funny...you seemingly grasp this context when it comes to recognizing that the models' thermal fields are too warm, yet we must buy their CCB depictions over e MA with a low over CC???

Interesting.

You need to employ meteorological/climatological common sense, and just know from experience when something is bogus.

That was, which is why it is going poof as we hone in.

Rarely have i seen BOX as well as sne's best mets so unsure of the BVY-BOS-PVD corridor . Never.

This is wrt front end thump P type. Epic battle of east winds against OMEGA.

Also that little weenie high pressure trying to "bridge over from N of Lake Superior to the retreating high across Maine is another wild card in my mind wrt potential N drain and temp gradient tommorrow am.

Yeah, it's crazy to see box essentially saying "it could go either way" for the Bos Pvd corridor this late in the game. Really entertaining storm with all it's ups and downs.

If you were to draw a straight line from Springfield to Worcester, I am about 5 miles NW of that line. Given how unsure everyone seems to be on where the mix/rain line falls, I find this storm rather interesting.

Anyone have a ball park block of time where, out West, the odds of mixing are the highest? Seems like dinner time-ish.

Archived