12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 13-14 Storm Banter Thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will take the number of weenie meltdowns and divide by the number of QPF posts moneypitmike makes...then multiply by the number of times Ginxy says "epic", "1899", "1993", or "12/9/05" to get an accurate depiction of the EDI of this storm.

EDI = Emotional Damage Intensity

This is an experimental metric that might fail...just as a disclaimer.

Will - This is the Funniest S*** I've ever seen on here!!  

Something I would totally say with my Uber Statisticalness.  And I've never been so honored today as I already said Now being on ColdMiser's Signature.  I've had many meltdowns with this storm already.    

I think we are good for double digits, my friend.

I personally agree with you, but it's tough to just call the day a wash (I own a law firm) and keep everyone home for the day based on what I think will happen.  As of now, we're open tomorrow.  I've told everyone to try and come in as early as they can, and then I'll shut it down and send everyone home as soon as it looks like it's getting rough.  Fortunately, we are outside the city, so traffic isn't a major consideration, but if we were closer to the city, the decision wouldn't be as difficult because it appears the forecast is a little more clear.  Oh well, all these technological advances in meteorology and sometimes it just comes down to "Mother Nature gonna do what Mother Nature gonna do." 

If 850 is passing south of us (central mass) does that account for thump at end? Hoee does the 700mb low fit into all this. Am out of my depth at this point and looking to understand

Us in central areas want the 700mb low to track down across RI/SE MA...00z NAM is a bit west of that so we only get a piece of that back end stuff.

If 850 is passing south of us (central mass) does that account for thump at end? Hoee does the 700mb low fit into all this. Am out of my depth at this point and looking to understand

Generally you get a band of strong lift just NW of the 700 mb low and a bit farther NW of the 850mb low. This is an area to watch for "comma head" precip that you typically see in a nor'easter. 

A 700mb low overhead increases the risk for dry slotting. 

"so this thread is for actual discussion with met details. Try to keep questions, complaining, and other stuff in the thread."

I'm still pretty sure this officially condones weenie posting in the discussion thread, but what do I know. I'm just a non-met.

I think including the first part if the sentence you truncated should clarify it a little

We know what to do...

Archived