mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Feb 13-14 Storm Banter Thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Objectivity, and realism involves incorporating model output, not regurgitating it.

Funny...you seemingly grasp this context when it comes to recognizing that the models' thermal fields are too warm, yet we must buy their CCB depictions over e MA with a low over CC???

Interesting.

You need to employ meteorological/climatological common sense, and just know from experience when something is bogus.

That was, which is why it is going poof as we hone in.

3-6" @ ORH about 25 minutes away is poof. Oh Okay.

Your point is absolutely lost with me. Look at a model. The CCB really hits when the low is in the GOM northeast/east of us, if it does. So maybe that is leading to your confusion.

Rarely have i seen BOX as well as sne's best mets so unsure of the BVY-BOS-PVD corridor . Never.

This is wrt front end thump P type. Epic battle of east winds against OMEGA.

Also that little weenie high pressure trying to "bridge over from N of Lake Superior to the retreating high across Maine is another wild card in my mind wrt potential N drain and temp gradient tommorrow am.

now cast time, switch up to radar, sat, WVs, models behind the eight ball, lots on the table good and bad. You want proof of modeling clueless right up to go time, go back and look at Jan 11 threads. Remember last night,today at this time how everyone was talking about how the Euro screwed DC

3-6" @ ORH about 25 minutes away is poof. Oh Okay.

Your point is absolutely lost with me. Look at a model. The CCB really hits when the low is in the GOM northeast/east of us, if it does. So maybe that is leading to your confusion.

1) Orh is 40 miles away

2) I meant "poof" as in over e MA.

Central and western MA are favored for it.

now cast time, switch up to radar, sat, WVs, models behind the eight ball, lots on the table good and bad. You want proof of modeling clueless right up to go time, go back and look at Jan 11 threads. Remember last night,today at this time how everyone was talking about how the Euro screwed DC

Are they getting the goods?

At least I'm melting down over 1" of snow then 1.25" of rain.

I knew I shouldn't have locked in the 2/9 12z Euro run!

And before I get lectured by a met.. I am kidding about locking in 4 day model runs

Classic coastal hugger. Maybe yourself over to the cape can cash in this weekend, but this one just never looked good for the coast imo. Especially when the amped solutions started popping.

Ok, see you at verification.

You are right, though...that post does pale in comparison to your 12/9/05 comparison.

Kudos.

I agree, that was a true bomb and nearly perfect for SNE. this pales in comparison, not even in the ballpark to compare really.

It's less than likely that we get the core of it. I just hope it happens. Which you do too. I'm still going to track it and hope it comes east either way.

Yea, totally agree.

Just seemed to be getting to you for a bit....don't lose the forest through the trees.

We are getting a nice event, regardless.

Yea, totally agree.

Just seemed to be getting to you for a bit....don't lose the forest through the trees.

We are getting a nice event, regardless.

I was irritated in the same time frame for deleted posts. Which oh by the way, I posted the question here, still hasn't been answered.

You should have seen the Mid Atlantic threads. It looked like an African country during a civil war compared to 21st century United States here in SNE.

Your first couple posts suggested that we should completely write off backlash POTENTIAL as a whole. Guess this is where we lost seeing eye to eye.

Well, I can see how speaking in absolutes is perceived as arrogant....but we are 12 hours out, and its tending the wrong way lol.

The mid levels have always been progged to favor west of here.

Anyway, no worries....I'm with you on hoping.

Yeah they will do well...the Euro didn't even screw them. Not sure where that idea came from earlier.

warmer slower through 48.. juicy

zwyts's Photozwyts

Yesterday, 01:01 PM

warmer...deform sets up well west of DC

Ian's PhotoIan

Yesterday, 01:02 PM

low less impressive.. and kinda ugh after the front end thump

zwyts's Photozwyts

Yesterday, 01:04 PM

through 60...~1.2 for DCA..more west....warmish...deform sets up well west

Well, I can see how speaking in absolutes is perceived as arrogant....but we are 12 hours out, and its tending the wrong way lol.

The mid levels have always been progged to favor west of here.

Anyway, no worries....I'm with you on hoping.

yeah, I'm hoping the EURO surprises but there isn't much reason to think so. At least large complex events like this could have some nowcast surprises. Hope its not a NW surprise.

Archived