e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 13-14 Storm Banter Thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The underline/ bolded of your first quote may have had something do to with you not getting even remotely close to your second bolded quote.

This was apparently one of the heaviest snows anyone has ever seen to my north but alas I missed out. We've gotten it good this winter but nothing close to the heaviest I've ever seen 4/1/97

The underline/ bolded of your first quote may have had something do to with you not getting even remotely close to your second bolded quote.

This was apparently one of the heaviest snows anyone has ever seen to my north but alas I missed out. We've gotten it good this winter but nothing close to the heaviest I've ever seen 4/1/97

That was probably heavier but occurred overnight. I was living in Everett at the time at bedtime 11-12 don't remember the exact time but awoke to a garden foyer area completely buried drifted right to the top of ground level 7-8'. 

This storm was so boring here. No real wind for this area, some heavy rain, no snow. No thunder. Meh. Two thumbs down. Nothing ripped, poured, pounded, thumped, dumped or pasted. Routine later winter rain storm.

That's a bummer. you've had some great snows down there this winter though. 

The heaviest snow I've ever seen was a squall in the early 1990's, or even late 80's. don't remember the year or date.  3" in around 20 minutes with thunder.  I think we lose sight of the rates during squalls, since they aren't as memorable as 4/1/97, 1/22/05, 12/9/05, etc.

STEVE GINX

interestingly they didn't delete your troll post about and 12/9/05. I was discussing evolution based on one model run and upper air similarities. Mets complain about reading comprehension and posts get deleted yet... Story is not done yet, another now cast. Should bbe an interesting evolution hopefully better forecast than the LI NYC SWCT stuff from this morning

No troll, Was messing around. Seriously. 

Frig the storm discussion thread. Maybe if the Mets, Mod's are the only ones posting it will become a bore and end up coming to the banter to convey an observation or geek out technically.

Yeah not sure what the thought process is. I can actually understand at the beginning of the storm being stricter, to set the tone, but at this point the forum is pretty quiet. These threads are not going to be archived as national treasures, sorry.

Frig the storm discussion thread. Maybe if the Mets, Mod's are the only ones posting it will become a bore and end up coming to the banter to convey an observation or geek out technically.

great storm Don, certainly two of the best hours of the winter so far, 6 inches in 2 hours, friend in LI had a 6 per. Now over total climo for the year, halfway through Feb, not bad, sitting on 16-18.

great storm Don, certainly two of the best hours of the winter so far, 6 inches in 2 hours, friend in LI had a 6 per. Now over total climo for the year, halfway through Feb, not bad, sitting on 16-18.

That it is Steve.

That band that came through is hard to describe. I don't think the surprises are done, can do without the Bieber halftime show. 

That it is Steve.

That band that came through is hard to describe. I don't think the surprises are done, can do without the Bieber halftime show.

Lol

This has been an odd storm. If any of that backlash comes through it will be even more memorable

No blockbuster and even bad for some folks but fascinating

Lol

This has been an odd storm. If any of that backlash comes through it will be even more memorable

No blockbuster and even bad for some folks but fascinating

I think you've said that already :)

Nukes have a tendency of doing that. Blockbuster? That I would have to respectfully disagree with Gulf Coast to Maine with 2' amounts in the Mid-Atl, Tens of thousands of customers without power. If a book III is written this storm will have a page. 

I think you've said that already :)

Nukes have a tendency of doing that. Blockbuster? That I would have to respectfully disagree with Gulf Coast to Maine with 2' amounts in the Mid-Atl, Tens of thousands of customers without power. If a book III is written this storm will have a page.

I respectfully agree with you. On all accounts.

Archived