joxey
Storm Photos MECS Feb 12&13 2014

jburns

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

s3hhYjT.jpg

Raleigh Wins. 

wow that's incredible. I guess after yesterday atlanta shouldn't feel so bad.

In all seriousness, the south has surely embarrassed itself this winter. I'm really surprised this took place in nc when there was a lot of warning time and everyone knew it was coming.

at any rate, will post some of mine later on.

While *almost* all of the state got snow on either Tuesday and Wednesday, Wilmington wasn't so lucky. Instead, ILM stayed freezing rain, for much longer than forecasted. Looking at the airport data, Wilmington received .6-.7 inches of precip while below freezing, almost all freezing rain. This doesn't account for a narrow finger of moderate freezing rain that hit Wilmington proper early Wednesday morning while staying south of the airport.

Here are some pictures from my neighborhood sent by my mother and sister:

Oaks on powerlines are pretty common.

http://i.imgur.com/3fr5kD5.jpg

This oak fell on my neighbors house

http://i.imgur.com/2YejYc8.jpg

Small pines are snapped

http://i.imgur.com/e3aDsc8.jpg

Overall this is the worst tree damage we've had since Charlie in 04. Power is out and is not supposed to be on until Saturday.

How is your tree holding up. I read last evening in the threads that you had some concerns about it. Hopefully, it will make it ok in the end.

I've got a couple of droopy branches, but it's still standing   :D  The ice is trying to melt, but there's still a long way to go. The first two pictures I posted is the ice on its branches. I'm really impressed.....it was a mature tree when I moved here 12 years ago, and it's taken several hits over the years. It's a tough old tree :lol:

Here are a few pictures I took.  Sorry if they are kinda hard on anyone's eyes here, but the lens on this camera (Canon Powershot A470 with 7.1MP) is going bad due to much use over the past 5 years and cannot capture light properly, thus yielding what you see here.  Anyway, here they are.  I'll see if I can get a video or two on here later:

321 going north (How most of the road looked earlier, resulting in so many accidents/issues getting anywhere):

j9wr.jpg

A look at the Ashley Arms Historic Apartment Homes:

06wi.jpg

The Post Office:

q7pu.jpg

A shot of a part of uptown:

ev28.jpg

Here are a few pictures I took.  Sorry if they are kinda hard on anyone's eyes here, but the lens on this camera (Canon Powershot A470 with 7.1MP) is going bad due to much use over the past 5 years and cannot capture light properly, thus yielding what you see here.  Anyway, here they are.  I'll see if I can get a video or two on here later:

321 going north (How most of the road looked earlier, resulting in so many accidents/issues getting anywhere):

A look at the Ashley Arms Historic Apartment Homes:

The Post Office:

A shot of a part of uptown:

Awesome! :thumbsup:  Nice to see you posting gastonwxman  :hug: 

Archived