• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Photos MECS Feb 12&13 2014

jburns

I've got a couple of droopy branches, but it's still standing   :D  The ice is trying to melt, but there's still a long way to go. The first two pictures I posted is the ice on its branches. I'm really impressed.....it was a mature tree when I moved here 12 years ago, and it's taken several hits over the years. It's a tough old tree :lol:

I'm happy to learn that it's doing reasonably well. Hopefully, more of the ice will melt before temperatures dip back below freezing tonight.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! :thumbsup:  Nice to see you posting gastonwxman   :hug:

Thanks :D , and it feels good to be back (Hoping that this is not temporary haha).  Missed seeing you and the others.  Hope you've been doing alright lately, what with all the ice you received down your way and all.  Considering the potential impact of this storm, I sort of got drawn back on here.  Yeah, I lurked occasionally, which is how I found about this threat before the TV mets mentioned anything.  Just didn't bother to post any until recently since I'm sure people would want OBS reports from someone in Gaston County, though Rankin could have easily done that since he's in Belmont lol.  Still, it's great to post here again. ^_^

s3hhYjT.jpg

wow that's incredible. I guess after yesterday atlanta shouldn't feel so bad.

In all seriousness, the south has surely embarrassed itself this winter. I'm really surprised this took place in nc when there was a lot of warning time and everyone knew it was coming.

at any rate, will post some of mine later on.

Someone on WRAL commented: "I was waiting to see the Imperial Walkers crest the hill."  :lmao:

I'm happy to learn that it's doing reasonably well. Hopefully, more of the ice will melt before temperatures dip back below freezing tonight.

Me too  :wub:

Thanks :D , and it feels good to be back (Hoping that this is not temporary haha).  Missed seeing you and the others.  Hope you've been doing alright lately, what with all the ice you received down your way and all.  Considering the potential impact of this storm, I sort of got drawn back on here.  Yeah, I lurked occasionally, which is how I found about this threat before the TV mets mentioned anything.  Just didn't bother to post any until recently since I'm sure people would want OBS reports from someone in Gaston County, though Rankin could have easily done that since he's in Belmont lol.  Still, it's great to post here again. ^_^

Don't sell yourself short  :lol:  There were quite a few that have asked about you since this past spring  ;)   

greats pics everyone!!! the storm may not have acted like it was "supposed to" but looks like a lot of se peeps got a great storm

and then some. This ice storm down here was more than my fill. Only the 1979 icestorm was worse in my memory. Buckeye's around the area could be repeated down here in many areas. On my way to work today, saw many trees down, broken, and large limbs snapped out. Several down on houses and cars as well. I have one or two more pics to post I took today but will have to wait until i get home tonight from work. Some of the pine trees over 30' high had as much as 3/4" ice on them when they came down.

Archived