• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Photos MECS Feb 12&13 2014

jburns

Thanks burns never been any good at photography. Did make a good pick. Since its suppose to snow again might as well sit down and figure the camera out.

We received roughly a foot in Lincoln Co NC, most coming The morning of 2/13
Snowman is about 10ft tall

How did yall place the second and top snow balls? That snow was heavy when I shoveled it... like heart attack snow. Im sure two people atleast to lift it?

Good pictures everybody. Really enjoyed looking through here. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. It was quite the winter wonderland (over used cliche but very apropos for yesterday) and not difficult to capture a nice photo.

I really like it.  I played with it a bit and tried two entirely different  treatments. Hope you don't mind.  I rotated the image 2º clockwise to level the gazebo and then did one as a dramatic B&W and one as a dreamy color image. More artistic than real of course.  What do you think?

large.jpg

large.jpg

I really like it.  I played with it a bit and tried two entirely different  treatments. Hope you don't mind.  I rotated the image 2º clockwise to level the gazebo and then did one as a dramatic B&W and one as a dreamy color image. More artistic than real of course.  What do you think?

large.jpg

large.jpg

Gorgeous!

ncweather, on 14 Feb 2014 - 9:35 PM, said:

Damn Disc

Yeah you and frosty got lucky.

If it wasn't for the ULL dumping nearly 10" of snow on me in only a few hours, this would've been closer to 12-14" event (which is still a good amount and I was happy with that) It was just an extra bonus that was completely unexpected. I've never seen it snow as hard as it did while under it, though. One of those things I'd love to see again sometime.

Snow sledding tonight!

I always enjoyed nighttime sledding. In my childhood neighborhood we used to line the big hill in front of my house on each side with candles. This was a tradition carried over from the parents who would sled at night after the kids(who were tired after a long day of sledding) were tucked into bed. For the parents, it was also an excuse to have an outdoor cocktail party. Those were the days!

Great pictures everyone!

Love the photos. Thanks for sharing. I have never seen that much snowfall. Ever!

Awesome.

If it wasn't for the ULL dumping nearly 10" of snow on me in only a few hours, this would've been closer to 12-14" event (which is still a good amount and I was happy with that) It was just an extra bonus that was completely unexpected. I've never seen it snow as hard as it did while under it, though. One of those things I'd love to see again sometime.

I hear ya on the "getting screwed sir! Great shots man!!

Here’s some of mine. We got royally screwed and only wound up with about 3 inches of snow/sleet, but my family still enjoyed it!

This is my new house we just finished building along with my son.

Is he not the cutest kid you’ve ever seen?

Your sledding tonight while we are dealing with the left over mud from the melt today!

Nothing and I mean nothing is better than night time sledding!

Kids sledding tonight!

I really like it. I played with it a bit and tried two entirely different treatments. Hope you don't mind. I rotated the image 2º clockwise to level the gazebo and then did one as a dramatic B&W and one as a dreamy color image. More artistic than real of course. What do you think?

Beautiful! I think I like the B&W image the best but I also like the hint of color in the bush to the left in the foreground of the second image. Very nice and you have a wonderful sense of touch with your image manipulation. I also noticed it with the enhanced detail you brought out in NCWeather's photo.

Edited post to remove duplicated quote.

Beautiful! I think I like the B&W image the best but I also like the hint of color in the bush to the left in the foreground of the second image. Very nice and you have a wonderful sense of touch with your image manipulation. I also noticed it with the enhanced detail you brought out in NCWeather's photo.

Edited post to remove duplicated quote.

Thanks.  I used to do a lot of photography and Photoshop work before my heart attack in 07. I just picked up a new camera body and I'm going to see what I can do with it.  I got tired of seeing all my lenses just sitting there.

Epic. I havent seen that kind of snow (where it covers cars like that) since I lived in PHL suburbs in the historic 2009-2010 season. 

23429305.jpg

16733090.jpg

Here's a video compilation of the snowfall over time at my house.  I stopped taking video every hour after 10 PM.  I only missed the sleet-fest, though, which you can see really beat down the totals by the following morning.  A graupel shower commenced around 7:30 AM, and then the heavy steady snow from the ULL commenced for the rest of the morning.

Here’s some of mine. We got royally screwed and only wound up with about 3 inches of snow/sleet, but my family still enjoyed it!

This is my new house we just finished building along with my son.

Is he not the cutest kid you’ve ever seen?

You home is beautiful! I love the colors. It reminds me of something out of Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Not often you see red as the main color, but I'm in love with it! We hope to build in 5-6 years (once the youngest graduates high school) and get a place with some land so I can finally have the mini-farm that I've always dreamed of. 

What an adorable boy too!

How did yall place the second and top snow balls? That snow was heavy when I shoveled it... like heart attack snow. Im sure two people atleast to lift it?

Good pictures everybody. Really enjoyed looking through here.

A ladder and plywood for a ramp. It took five of us combined to roll it, hold it, and pack it. :)

You home is beautiful! I love the colors. It reminds me of something out of Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Not often you see red as the main color, but I'm in love with it! We hope to build in 5-6 years (once the youngest graduates high school) and get a place with some land so I can finally have the mini-farm that I've always dreamed of. 

What an adorable boy too!

Thanks! I can’t take credit for the colors as my wife made all those decisions.  I’m happy with how it turned out though.  We built on 11.4 acres just outside of Clemson and look forward to finally having space for a big garden,orchard, chicken coop, etc. Now I just need to find some extra cash for a tractor!

Archived