12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like optimistic Mitch.    Depressing, whining Mitch is downright awful.  

Worst part was if we looked at the first week of february temp and precip it would look just like the CFS2 that Mitch kept posting.  This is exactly how that can verify without actually cashing in on any snow in DC

A couple of us Debs were expecting that would be exactly how it worked out.

If this keeps trending like last weekend i will come fix your plumbing issues.

Worst part was if we looked at the first week of february temp and precip it would look just like the CFS2 that Mitch kept posting.  This is exactly how that can verify without actually cashing in on any snow in DC

Today's Euro was a very cold run. It keeps most of northern md well below freezing the entire run. If the cold verifies you have to figure one of these waves will work out region wide.

Today's Euro was a very cold run. It keeps most of northern md well below freezing the entire run. If the cold verifies you have to figure one of these waves will work out region wide.

I am actually optimistic there will be at least a decent snow hit in the DC area the next 2 weeks.  I am way more bullish on the pattern ahead then some, but I am sure right now no one there wants to hear it after 3 misses in a row.  I still have not given up on the weekend...so much going on and it would not take a big adjustment to get something.  Right now the problem is being stuck in between...either a stronger front runner OR conserving more for the trailing vort would lead to a more amplified system, but they are splitting the difference and dampening each other out.  I have a suspicion as we get closer one of these becomes dominant and the models key on it and suddenly we have a storm to track.  I would favor the trailing vort because that would get my area in PA into the game...for you down there the lead wave is probably the better option.  Just a gut feeling though, I could be wrong.  After that I think there are a few waves that have potential but the models are having a hell of a time resolving things with so many waves in a fast flow so I am not going to pretend to know what will happen.  I just think with so many opportunities during peak climo, and in a pattern that is not hostile...something is bound to work out sooner or later. 

I am actually optimistic there will be at least a decent snow hit in the DC area the next 2 weeks.  I am way more bullish on the pattern ahead then some, but I am sure right now no one there wants to hear it after 3 misses in a row.  I still have not given up on the weekend...so much going on and it would not take a big adjustment to get something.  Right now the problem is being stuck in between...either a stronger front runner OR conserving more for the trailing vort would lead to a more amplified system, but they are splitting the difference and dampening each other out.  I have a suspicion as we get closer one of these becomes dominant and the models key on it and suddenly we have a storm to track.  I would favor the trailing vort because that would get my area in PA into the game...for you down there the lead wave is probably the better option.  Just a gut feeling though, I could be wrong.  After that I think there are a few waves that have potential but the models are having a hell of a time resolving things with so many waves in a fast flow so I am not going to pretend to know what will happen.  I just think with so many opportunities during peak climo, and in a pattern that is not hostile...something is bound to work out sooner or later. 

The Blind Squirrel finds a nut sometimes theory.

well...often times DC is a blind squirrel in a room with no nuts, at least this time there are nuts scattered around to be accidentally bumped into.  I am sure those of you with a sense of humor will have a field day with this :popcorn:

I can attest there are a lot of nuts around here :lmao:

Archived