• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

If you read what someone posted from the NWS earlier today on the possible weekend storm, it gives you hope that the models may jump on board late with this storm. That said, 2 runs showing the same thing (for most part) on GFS is worrisome and 3 runs would become a trend. Hope the EURO gives us something good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are low anomalies undercutting the E PAC ridge and the Hudson Bay ridge so the timing of these are uncertain. In this case, the slower arrival reduced the QPF in the Northeast because it broadened the trough. Next up, EPS.

There are low anomalies undercutting the E PAC ridge and the Hudson Bay ridge so the timing of these are uncertain. In this case, the slower arrival reduced the QPF in the Northeast because it broadened the trough. Next up, EPS.

Interestingly, the GFS had the northern stream waves behaving like the 00z ECMWF but lacked the southern wave both ECMWF runs have. Dizzying...

better or worse for the 2nd wave (why do I think I know this answer...)

It's got nothing to work with being so separated. We get a little light snow. Nobody gets much anywhere. Without some sort of interaction with the lead wave it becomes a no nevermind for everybody. It's too flat to pop anything. If it did it would be north of us anyways.

More changes to follow I'm sure.

does look good but we have to start over again and be 7 days out lol. No patience

One storm at a time. Weekend might give us an inch or 2. I know you hate that but I don't. Monday might dust us up too. Euro has been wet during the mid-late week (and warm) and gfs has been cold. Now the euro turned cold but still has the wet part. Not sure what else we can do other than accept the hands that are being dealt.

One storm at a time. Weekend might give us an inch or 2. I know you hate that but I don't. Monday might dust us up too. Euro has been wet during the mid-late week (and warm) and gfs has been cold. Now the euro turned cold but still has the wet part. Not sure what else we can do other than accept the hands that are being dealt.

but we tracked the Feb 8-9 storm for 10 days for 5 flurries....you can understand the frustration. The best event was the Monday event which go the least hype from long range but we wasted 1.5 inches of qpf on 33 and rain. Its been just another frustrating winter and its tiresome

but we tracked the Feb 8-9 storm for 10 days for 5 flurries....you can understand the frustration. The best event was the Monday event which go the least hype from long range but we wasted 1.5 inches of qpf on 33 and rain. Its been just another frustrating winter and its tiresome

With the exception of 02-03, all winters are frustrating. 09-10 may have been record breaking and all but even then there was plenty of frustration. 02-03 was entertaining door to door imo. Haven't seen one since.

By 192 1006 low along the Gulf Coast but whats looks to be a 992mb low coming down out of Canada into WI.

Two strong S/w's are on the map, southern stream really digs in.

Cant tell much more using instant weather maps.

Way out there but by 216 995 low in the South East over SC and strong Great Lakes Low = warm look for now

Ah, looks likes there's a GL low in there at 216 to screw us at just the right time.

Archived