Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still nice to see.. some SnowTV as you so aptly nicknamed it before

I've been feeling 1-2 all along. But this run has the added bonus of it falling in a short period and not spread out. It's a good run. All we can do is hope it holds even if it's a small event. Plenty cold and falls during daylight. Would be a fun event. 

ETA:

This is better than SnowTV. I define it as .5" or less. This a double or triple feature. I'm in. 

LOL. We live and die at models d5-10 out.

Unless it's currently snowing or imminent. It's how we roll. If people don't want to track 5+ day stuff then don't read the threads. I chuckle at all the people who complain about volatile long leads. If you don't like it don't read it. Seems simple to me. 

LOL. We live and die at models d5-10 out.

People here aren't that normal plus there was never such a belief that much useful could come from d10ish as there is now. Those who focus on a pattern more than a storm are more useful in general.

Unless it's currently snowing or imminent. It's how we roll. If people don't want to track 5+ day stuff then don't read the threads. I chuckle at all the people who complain about volatile long leads. If you don't like it don't read it. Seems simple to me.

I wasn't complaining.

People here aren't that normal plus there was never such a belief that much useful could come from d10ish as there is now. Those who focus on a pattern more than a storm are more useful in general.

five years ago, there was never discussion of operational models outside 144 hours...nobody ever took day 7 output seriously...that has changed

Dude, you are one of the best. I admit I wear the frustration of the promise/but ultimate failure for all to see, but I love the discussions. Also, if you believe in the "Butterfly Effect" I think that we can "will" a better solution. I'm sure Ji would agree. :lmao:

five years ago, there was never discussion of operational models outside 144 hours...nobody ever took day 7 output seriously...that has changed

I blame it somewhat on the facebook legions but also on the feb 6 event which showed up really early and stayed there.  Sometimes with a strong blocking pattern the models can almost get beyond 144 hrs but usually be best they can do is give and idea of the basic pattern using some type of multiday ens mean.

Archived