• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

just a refresher why trends at this distance are all we need to look for....

these are hours 72, 78, and 84 from the 12Z run of the NAM on Friday, 1/31 for the Monday morning rain event that dropped around an inch of qpf over us and well further north

http://beta.wxcaster.com/NAMCONUSArchive.php?datetime=2014013112Z%0D%0A&fcsthour=72&type=1000-500_SLPTHKPRP

http://beta.wxcaster.com/NAMCONUSArchive.php?datetime=2014013112Z%0D%0A&fcsthour=78&type=1000-500_SLPTHKPRP

http://beta.wxcaster.com/NAMCONUSArchive.php?datetime=2014013112Z%0D%0A&fcsthour=84&type=1000-500_SLPTHKPRP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it definitely does look better...though i'd say a trend is if it gets better at 0z.  otherwise, could just be noise.

Yeah... its awfully close though.  I said three days ago that Wednesday night is the run where this sh%$ gets real... unfortunately I thought I was going to be talking about a "lock it up" scenario... instead we are praying for the resurrection. 

just a refresher why trends at this distance are all we need to look for....

these are hours 72, 78, and 84 from the 12Z run of the NAM on Friday, 1/31 for the Monday morning rain event that dropped around an inch of qpf over us and well further north

http://beta.wxcaster.com/NAMCONUSArchive.php?datetime=2014013112Z%0D%0A&fcsthour=72&type=1000-500_SLPTHKPRP

http://beta.wxcaster.com/NAMCONUSArchive.php?datetime=2014013112Z%0D%0A&fcsthour=78&type=1000-500_SLPTHKPRP

http://beta.wxcaster.com/NAMCONUSArchive.php?datetime=2014013112Z%0D%0A&fcsthour=84&type=1000-500_SLPTHKPRP

Funny... but accurate... that is definitely how it trended... 

As luck would have it, I picked these two letters randomly for a username and then years later one of the more popular weather dummies comes along with hm as initials. Of course, I should have done my homework before finalizing the username in the first place:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Molaison

My God! - think we all feel that way from time to time - but seriously - wow

Regards

Oooh, euro ensembles support the op  for tues wed. Surface and 850's plenty cold through 168. plenty of precip on the means. This is the most uncomplicated threat we've had. Not saying it can't easily fail. Just a nice moisture feed on the front side of a SINGLE vort leaving the southwest. 

and if there was one day this winter I don't want it to snow it's Wed morning      lol

nws still feels that we'll see some measurable snow this weekend:

.LONG TERM /SATURDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY/...
STILL A VERY LOW CONFIDENCE FORECAST FOR THIS WEEKEND. SOUTHERN
STREAM TROUGH NOW MORE PROGRESSIVE AND PUSHES COASTAL LOW OFFSHORE
THE MID ATLANTIC ON THE LATTER HALF OF SATURDAY. STILL SHOWING AN
INVERTED TROUGH FEATURE MOVING THROUGH OUR REGION SATURDAY WITH
WEAKER VORT MAX PHASING WITH SOUTHERN STREAM LOW. THIS WAVE WILL
BRING THE CHANCE OF LIGHT SNOW SATURDAY. THEN AS POTENT NORTHERN
STREAM VORT ROTATES AROUND THE FRONT SIDE OF THE UPPER TROUGH...A
SECOND ROUND OF SNOW LOOKS POSSIBLE ON SUNDAY. ECMWF AND GFS VARY ON
THE STRENGTH AND TRACK /WITH GFS FARTHER NORTH/ OF THIS SECOND VORT
MAX. PHASING...TIMING...AND STRENGTH OF THESE SYSTEMS REMAIN
TERRIBLY INCONSISTENT AND WHILE MEASURABLE PRECIPITATION /MAINLY
SNOW/ LOOKS LIKELY AT SOME POINT...THE DETAILS REMAIN UNCERTAIN. ONE
THING THAT IS MORE CERTAIN IS THE COLDER AIR ADVECTING IN FOR EARLY
NEXT WEEK WITH BELOW NORMAL TEMPERATURES CONTINUING.

Oooh, euro ensembles support the op  for tues wed. Surface and 850's plenty cold through 168. plenty of precip on the means. This is the most uncomplicated threat we've had. Not saying it can't easily fail. Just a nice moisture feed on the front side of a SINGLE vort leaving the southwest. 

Do we start another thread

Feb 11-12... The EURO storm?

and if there was one day this winter I don't want it to snow it's Wed morning      lol

you complain too much. 

Anyways, this is a solid eps run. Looks very much like the op. 850's look great through 180 on the averages. 

Most of our area is in the .20 - .25 contour on back to back 6 hour panels from 168-180.  This is significant for ensemble runs. Some good agreement. I'm in. I might start a thread. They always works out. 

you complain too much

Anyways, this is a solid eps run. Looks very much like the op. 850's look great through 180 on the averages. 

Most of our area is in the .20 - .25 contour on back to back 6 hour panels from 168-180.  This is significant for ensemble runs. Some good agreement. I'm in. I might start a thread. They always works out. 

once you have 42 years of your adult (near adult) life of doing this under ur belt, you will too!    lol

Do we start another thread

Feb 11-12... The EURO storm?

you complain too much. 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :blink:

you complain too much. 

um...the EPS had .80 for this weekend storm about 3-4 days away...soo

And now we have brand new mystery vort #3 in play. 

Since the weekend event is looking lame right now and with discussion of possibilities spilling into next week, would it be worthwhile to just re-name this thread something like "Feb. 8-15 Potential Threats"?  Or would that overlap too much with the already existing medium range one?  I suppose if the Feb. 8-10 event comes back to life it can be started up separately again.

Since the weekend event is looking lame right now and with discussion of possibilities spilling into next week, would it be worthwhile to just re-name this thread something like "Feb. 8-15 Potential Threats"?  Or would that overlap too much with the already existing medium range one?  I suppose if the Feb. 8-10 event comes back to life it can be started up separately again.

8-10 is coming back to life. lol

I'm going to post my thoughts about the mid week deal in the pinned LR thread for now. We have an active period. Not many people will be posting about d10 and beyond for a while. 

Archived