• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

It's a complicated forecast. Verbatim is disjointed. It could easily be a no nevermind. But the interaction is clearly not resolved. All it takes it one piece of the 3 to find a pocket of op.

I just want to score an inch or 2. There is upside and downside. The bottom line is we still don't know. It's fun. At least to me

Are we looking at the same map?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a beautiful map on the 162 GFS, Northern branch runs out ahead, but the southern vort looks strong enough to form a nice storm, we'll see. 

Just watch the shortwave over the Dakotas at that time. NIce neutral-slightly neg tilt shortwave over top of the MS river down south... big area of precip in the gulf/coast/se states..

edit.. next frame, doesn't look like it'll catch and phase, so this could be suppressed

The GFS is trolling us something fierce, a storm spends about 2 months gathering in the south then slides off the coast.

its a shame that we wouldn't want a big southern stream system to be shown to our south on the gfs 5 days out. Just wish the gfs was known for under playing the strength of stj systems and having issues with phasing. If that were true this would have been a great run for dc. Oh well. Goodnight.

Are we looking at the same map?

Next week has promise but as you already figged, I was talking about the weekend

It's a fun event from a complexity standpoint. A lead ss wave and now it looks like the ns has 2 pieces. Back to back gfs runs anyways.

We're getting precip. All guidance shows that. How it evolves is still unknown. It will be a small event regardless. But we certainly can't rule out a small surprise

Ensemble and op guidance paints us with .1-.2 from sat-mon. Differences in how we get there. Nothing appears ripe to pop in favor of an upside surprise but a period or 2 of light snow looks likely. If I measure an inch without slantsticking I'm good.

EPS mean bumped precip from the coastal a little closer but it's just noise. Weekend will feel like winter with temps and snow in the air regardless

Ensemble and op guidance paints us with .1-.2 from sat-mon. Differences in how we get there. Nothing appears ripe to pop in favor of an upside surprise but a period or 2 of light snow looks likely. If I measure an inch without slantsticking I'm good.

EPS mean bumped precip from the coastal a little closer but it's just noise. Weekend will feel like winter with temps and snow in the air regardless

how does EPS look for midweek?

Archived