• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 5th beefed up swfe thread-let's get some December 2007 juju,

weathafella

Yeah usually models don't have the resolution to handle those sharp cutoffs..but I see what you mean.

The GFS argues some good frontogenesis and mid level deformation pretty far north, but agree that there will be a sharp northern cutoff. 

To enthusiasts. note the WNW winds near CYUL and WSW winds down by southern VT.

Yup.  And of course who gets clobbered and who's just 30 mi north smoking cirrus depends upon the exact track of the UL low.

Yes, those maps you posted suggest that some further north who might under-perform in the main event would make up for it somewhat well after the surface low has passed.  Seems unusual but not impossible either. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Will. What's different about this set-up as opposed to a SWFE where I never changed over like 12/13/07 or 12/19/08?

Nothing...just those maybe were slightly colder in their antecedent airmass and perhaps a tick south in their track...you may get away with it in this one too...but still too early to tell for your area.

Going to be tough to hit 12", but someone might.  Not sure if we get any more than that

I really think 8-10" covers 75% of the people on here

6-10" does cover the majority of the board as you mentioned. However, there is potential for a little jackpot zone.

As Will mentioned without assist its really tough to do better than 10". However, someone from Dendrite south to the NH border doesn't dryslot and benefits from the lingering snowfall as the low passes to our south. That combined with WAA snowfall prior might lead to enhanced totals in a smaller area.

6-10" does cover the majority of the board as you mentioned. However, there is potential for a little jackpot zone.

As Will mentioned without assist its really tough to do better than 10". However, someone from Dendrite south to the NH border doesn't dryslot and benefits from the lingering snowfall as the low passes to our south. That combined with WAA snowfall prior might lead to enhanced totals in a smaller area.

I could def see an ASH/FIT/BED type of jackpot of 10-12"... maybe out your way

Archived