Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 5th beefed up swfe thread-let's get some December 2007 juju,

weathafella

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of hang back deform snows . And yes in SNE

We're not really looking at deformation in the wake of this low. The only closed feature is progged at 850 mb (and it's opening with time). If we were looking at deformation of the flow it would be well north of SNE.

What the models are spitting out for QPF after 00z Thursday is mostly due to strung out vorticity and some leftover frontogenesis related to wind speed convergence. However, the main shortwave trough axis has passed the region by this time, so forcing is nothing to write home about. I wouldn't be hanging my hat on appreciable snowfall after 00z.

We're not really looking at deformation in the wake of this low. The only closed feature is progged at 850 mb (and it's opening with time). If we were looking at deformation of the flow it would be well north of SNE.

What the models are spitting out for QPF after 00z Thursday is mostly due to strung out vorticity and some leftover frontogenesis related to wind speed convergence. However, the main shortwave trough axis has passed the region by this time, so forcing is nothing to write home about. I wouldn't be hanging my hat on appreciable snowfall after 00z.

Area where the precip is depicted nicely on 700 omega nam too similar to gfs depiction

Well yeah.. What I was saying was hang back light snow. Not continued pounding. Like another 1-3 type thing

no is colder but pulls Che and spreads the wealth much more, juicy lucy

exactly

850 temps definitely colder and slp track ticked south, but the CCB stuff is more generous for CNE...

nice to see as there's some anticipation of northward ticks as we get closer

quite the model consensus... seems atypically good

Archived