joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lord, I ask if the slow advance of the cold temps are gonna trend the IP/ZR further inland towards CAE instead of CHS and I get deleted in the event thread. Guess I belong over here...it's not IMBY but I'm curious. I know these southern gulf storms love warm temps aloft, and with the cold temps slowing I'd like to know if the line is retreating

Already down to 31.3 with a DP of 10 in Dahlonega, GA.  Gonna get lots of virga to overcome this dry air.  At least whatever few flakes I get are going to stick.  LOL

lol i was thinking the same thing. just about at the freezing mark here and dewpoint down to 18.  at least every flake that falls should stick, and we need all the help we can get haha

52 currently , winds almost "calm", Front is about 50 miles +/- N/NW from ILM, where I'm seeing a temp drop from 50's to High 40's into the 30's further North & east & west as the crow flies... Along with SW to NW then NE with temp drop(s); Front should be here in about 2 +/- hours, (12 to 1 am).. 

clear currently

Good Luck everyone...

I can see a few blips on the radar appearing in TN & LA.

The GFS continues to be about two hours behind with its progged temp.'s in N GA. The 0Z  had Marietta at 28 as of 10 PM. It had then at 24 at 1 AM. I think this is a good sign for Atlanta area snow prospects as it jibes with a further north track of the sfc low and main precip. I'm thinking 1-2" for the northern ATL burbs though I feel there's a small chance for an upside of 3-4"  near the airport/southside, which would make it a major snow there.

The GFS continues to be about two hours behind with its progged temp.'s in N GA. The 0Z had Marietta at 28 as of 10 PM. It had then at 24 at 1 AM. I think this is a good sign for Atlanta area snow prospects as it jibes with a further north track of the sfc low and main precip. I'm thinking 1-2" for the northern ATL burbs though I feel there's a small chance for an upside of 3-4" near the airport/southside, which would make it a major snow there.

12:48am

Good luck Larry. I'm expecting a solid 1-2 myself.

Archived