joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28 - 1/30 Storm Thread II

burgertime

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's heavier, and all sleet.  The propane guy just delivered and he said it was all sleet where he's been, and he's nervous about the roads getting bad earlier.  By the way for you on propane be ready for a bad shock.  It went from 2.29 to 3.50 last night, and he doesn't know if he can get more for his tanks when he runs out.  The shortage is heading this way.  What a great time for it :)  T

What's going on with the precip. hole in the Atlanta area...precip is struggling to reach this area based on radars last hour or so....a little worrying.

The holes aren't real. There is plenty of Virga over us now it isn't reaching the ground and close to te radar it can't be picked up. We are still 1-2 hour from it hitting the ground

I know, even though its way below freezing, could be the heat island effect, it will come soon though.

It's filling in for both sides up there.  The sleet is hard enough to hear inside the house now.  This makes me extremely happy.  Get a good base coat down so the crazys can't mess up the roads for sledding later :)  It's sticking on surfaces now, not just bouncing into the grass.  T

That's what I'm thinking as well.  Good trends....I hope it's not offset with warmer mid-levels and a change-over to ice pellets.

The overall trough is sharping and backing the flow up some. More of N/S alignment. But recent trends on rap and nam shows weak ULL forming along the second good wave of it. Look at that map Raleighwx posted and look at the RH charts of RAP and NAM at 700.

Shows a "coma head" indicative of a ull later on over SC/NC.

The overall trough is sharping and backing the flow up some. More of N/S alignment. But recent trends on rap and nam shows weak ULL forming along the second good wave of it. Look at that map Raleighwx posted and look at the RH charts of RAP and NAM at 700.

Shows a "coma head" indicative of a ull later on over SC/NC.

Don't you need a more organized and mature low pressure system for a comma head to form though?

To my untrained eye, the energy in AR, looks to be meeting up with the main slug of moisture and turning the whole shield of precip back slightly to a more S toN orientation, as opposed to SW to NE!? Anybody else see this on radar? A very good thing for us to the west !

I too am observing this and the baja low also appears to be further east than was forecasted. Pensacola/Mobile already dealing with some wintery mix this morning.

Archived