• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28 - 1/30 Storm Thread II

burgertime

Here may be part of the reason for the increasing totals across the area...

A small low is trying to develop in western NC. I know it is weak, but when you combine it with the upper level features, it has the potential to be a wild card in this situation. It also has the potential to surprise a lot of people.

1560529_592709340815511_1221956088_n.jpg

I also think this low is going to enhance warming aloft and could lead to some sleet for some that weren't expecting it, including the RDU area.  At the very least we could see some decreased ratios.  12z NAM is picking up on this.  Could see some lower snow totals because of that unfortunately.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I-85 folks may want to pay attention here... could be a nice band of heavier precip near here.  0.75" qpf or more is definitely possible closer to CLT.

:blink:  Whatchoo talkin bout willis?

Where did you get that amount of precip Wow?  The highest I've seen for Meck county is from the SREF; maybe .4 or so. 

One of the things that enchanced the Feb 2004 storm was a secondary low development during the storm....like has been mentioned, maybe that's on the table....I'm such a weenie. :nerdsmiley:

:blink:  Whatchoo talkin bout willis?

Where did you get that amount of precip Wow?  The highest I've seen for Meck county is from the SREF; maybe .4 or so. 

One of the things that enchanced the Feb 2004 storm was a secondary low development during the storm....like has been mentioned, maybe that's on the table....I'm such a weenie. :nerdsmiley:

It's the RAP and it's trends over the last few hours. CLT is around .4 right now and if it keeps trending we'll be in .6 in a few hours. Now can that be believed? I think it can given the overall setup but we won't know until it's on us. 

I believe I added up .6 on the RAP for MBY. Wow!

I'm so encouraged by the model trends this morning!  I think we could all get warning-criteria snowfall from this!  Wow at the RAP, the NAM, etc.!  :snowing:

NWS point forecast is up to 1-3" here and I'm under a WWA (nothing last night).

If the RAP verifies, we need to give it props because it signaled this thing was going to be a bigger deal for the western Piedmont and foothills last night.

ya, solid .85" QPF of which .50" is snow from what I can tell in bufkit

Chris,

FFC says temps are warmer in the eastern zones of their forecast area than what was expected.  The forecast for Houston County now says all rain through the afternoon.  They say the mixed precip won't begin until tonight.  Your thoughts?

EDIT:  I should have read your entire comment.  Not sure what Bufkit is showing for Perry, but the NWS completely removed frozen precip from today's forecast.

Archived