• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/28 - 1/30 Storm Thread II

burgertime

My 5h maps for the euro are terrible so I can't say if the southern vort was responsible. I can say the trough appeared to be a little sharper.

That second piece of the southern vort does interact with it, can't tell if it dies out or completely phases in but at hour 42 the main 5h vort looks really good but than kind of dies out at 48 as the system scoots east.  If that trended just a hair better, more neutral it would be all the difference in the world

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

between 36 and 42 hours it puts the hammer down from FAY to PGV, likely a foot.

Edit: 10.2"

10.2" FAY? I'll friggin take it. This is from the Euro run, yes? Has the timing on this thing sped up a bit? I noticed TWC took off the AM Snow Showers for Wednesday and now has Wed as cloudy with 0% precip.  Another question - are we looking at ratios higher than 10:1?

Can someone please post an EC map?

My confidence of seeing 2 to 4 inches has increased dramatically with this run. It is a big relief to FINALLY see this shift. Hopefully it makes one more like that because if it does me and you would probably end up with 0.50 or better.

Lookout, I am on my phone but is the euro showing a straight line cutoff like out 316? Or is it farther north or south. I'm using that because it runs horizontal rather than at an angle like 85.

That's it.  Looks like I'm in the game for 1-2" .  I'll be happy with that considering at 12z yesterday I was praying for just a few flurries.  LOL

I hope we see another 25 to 30 mile shift north so that everyone in north ga would at least get an inch. Right now on the euro, only the extreme northwest corner gets less than 0.05. This run even has 0.10 amounts into the western nc mountains. A  25 to 30 mile shift 24 to 30 hours ahead of time is not unrealistic and certainly possible.

Of course it could end up going back the other way but with this run, there is now a good consensus on where and how much precip will fall in general.

10.2" FAY? I'll friggin take it. This is from the Euro run, yes? Has the timing on this thing sped up a bit? I noticed TWC took off the AM Snow Showers for Wednesday and now has Wed as cloudy with 0% precip.  Another question - are we looking at ratios higher than 10:1?

Can someone please post an EC map?

FAY is around 8-9" this run, 10" amounts start around Clinton and run up through Elizabeth City, probably 30-40 mile wide swath.

You are correct sir. We have seen that plus more in the past.

I hope we see another 25 to 30 mile shift north so that everyone in north ga would at least get an inch. Right now on the euro, only the extreme northwest corner gets less than 0.05. This run even has 0.10 amounts into the western nc mountains. A  25 to 30 mile shift 24 to 30 hours ahead of time is not unrealistic and certainly possible.

Of course it could end up going back the other way but with this run, there is now a good consensus on where and how much precip will fall in general.

Lookout, I am on my phone but is the euro showing a straight line cutoff like out 316? Or is it farther north or south. I'm using that because it runs horizontal rather than at an angle like 85.

It looks very similar to the nam and gfs as far as that goes...so heavier/lesser amounts follow a southwest to northeast line.

Archived