joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is the Widre we know! You and packbacker should hang out.

Ground got covered here in less than an hour.

Your going to get 2-3", Widre and I have wet grass. Still a flizzard here, sticking to grill cover. Still 3+ years without seeing my grass or even the deck covered with snow.

Asheboro the ground is white, roads are fine and it's coming down pretty good clip. As soon as you leave the city limit heading west is where the qpf cut off. 12 miles out to my house and nada. Roads will probably be dry in an hour. So from Asheboro over toward NE Randolph County I'm guessing they will end up with 1- maybe close to 2 above Liberty before all is said and done. The short range models nailed this to the T on qpf and placement of the band. BL put up a strong fight. Hope all you guys to my east overperform tonight. No way Randolph county schools will be open tomorrow.

38.4 in southwest Greenville, NC. No big precipitation band has arrived yet. Hoping it starts as snow!

Probably 2-3 bands inbound, I mixed with that little slug which is now north of the airport.  Likely still some melting going on with the band over Snow Hill currently, expect this to quickly transition, with the final 1 or 2 (may congeal into one), coming through between 9 and 11, this is the area currently near Fayettenam.

post-382-0-34445600-1390352629_thumb.jpg

Edit: MHX's call of 1-2 looks good for the northern plain, maybe a 3" dum dum.

Probably 2-3 bands inbound, I mixed with that little slug which is now north of the airport.  Likely still some melting going on with the band over Snow Hill currently, expect this to quickly transition, with the final 1 or 2 (may congeal into one), coming through between 9 and 11, this is the area currently near Fayettenam.

attachicon.gifgreene.JPG

Edit: MHX's call of 1-2 looks good for the northern plain, maybe a 3" dum dum.

I've got sleet where I'm at now. Wind whipping up. Down to 37.

It's coming down really good here now. But Fishel just gave an update. From the radar he showed, it looked like the precip was rapidly ending in the west. Futurecast had it all over here by 9.

Best snow since 2010 for me, no really stickage, still think RW and points NE get 3".

Archived