joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what they're seeing at WRAL. Maybe an in house model...don't know. I do know the RAP and other short term models have been highlighting a band across the Triad all day. 

It does make me nervous being right on the edge, but it does look like a new band is taking shape further to the northwest (or am I radar hallucinating?).

curiously, I was just looking at the Regional NEXRAD Radar,,  Seems the rn/sn line has just crossed the I-95 South & eastwards by about 2 counties...

Lots of good tools on the SPC meso page, you can see the area of 700mb fronto working through the triangle currently.  Also, critical thickness is kinda lagging, but should crash quickly here in the next hour as the surface low is exiting around Cape Lookout.  Also see a slug of 850mb moisture convergence working into the Sandhills.  Best guess is NE NC, Ahoskie area, for more than an inch or two.  Based on radar, my optimism for 1-2" at PGV is decreasing.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=17#

Thanks for the post, RaleighWx.  That is interesting.

Yeah, the radar is really lighting up between GSO and ROA...we shall see

Indeed.  You and I are on the western side of Greensboro (I'm a few miles east of the airport).  I just hope it doesn't miss us a few miles to the east and we get flurries while downtown gets pounded.  The cutoff is brutal.

Happy for everyone starting to see a coating, nothing has been able to stick in Durham though, not even on cars. A bit surprised honestly.

I just spoke to my brother in law who is near Duke, mixing, but nothing was sticking as it was mostly rain prior to.  Durham appears to have gotten the shaft as the back edge is working through.  NAM did a pretty good job picking up on this band which is currently setting up ivo 95.

Archived