Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wral just said the meseo pivot may occur in western piedmont this evening and could drop 6-8" near Greensboro.

He may have seen one SREF member showing that, certainly not their forecast. I would walk to Greensboro if they get 6-8 :)

With that said. Snowing really nicely here right now down to 34.7 here falling quickly. I have to drive to the airport early tomorrow morning. Should be interesting.

I think the Triad is sort of the "pivot" point of the precip. The vort is STRONG and precip will continue to blossom as it slides east

Do you think we can make out like a bandit and score an inch?

EDIT: Wait, did I just see that some model gave us 6-8" or something because of a mesolow?  Even if that's gloriously overdone, yikes.

Whatever the case, another year goes by with an accumulating snowfall.  I don't know why some doubted it would happen for GSO and RDU.  It's almost a guarantee that we get something each year.

Hasn't accumulated here yet.  It's been since 2010 since I have seen my grass white, doubt it will happen tonight with all the rain even if does snow for an hour.

Do you think we can make out like a bandit and score an inch?

EDIT: Wait, did I just see that some model gave us 6-8" or something because of a mesolow?  Even if that's gloriously overdone, yikes.

I'm not sure what they're seeing at WRAL. Maybe an in house model...don't know. I do know the RAP and other short term models have been highlighting a band across the Triad all day. 

Archived