CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid dusting, less than Ms.Corningstone, maybe 1/2" on the deck in a lull, grass is coated, road looks wet.  Probably another hour or two in the mix, ratios are starting to improve though, transitioning to dryer dendrites, last pinch I took of the deck was powder type.  Starting to miss a good 24+hr 18-24" event, hopefully we get a KU somewhere in the MA this winter.  It always ends too soon. 

Earlier for ya did the snow stop all together no snizzle nothing like that?

It completely cut off here.  It was still cloudy here, but there wasn't anything falling.

All of y'all in western Guilford and eastern Forsyth are going to have some fun in that band to your north!! Hopefully I'll have the returns to my north blow up like that one did!

I hope it's as impressive in ground truth as it seems to be on radar.  Sometimes, it seems like the radar plays tricks on us!

Anyways, I've got flurries still... bordering on flizzard conditions.  The wind is howling pretty good and the snow flakes look nice.

It completely cut off here.  It was still cloudy here, but there wasn't anything falling.

I hope it's as impressive in ground truth as it seems to be on radar.  Sometimes, it seems like the radar plays tricks on us!

Anyways, I've got flurries still... bordering on flizzard conditions.  The wind is howling pretty good and the snow flakes look nice.

Totally agree.haha. Today some of the heaviest snow was under no radar returns.

Not only did it stop...i saw stars when i walked the dog. Now i have flurries again with heavier bands inbound.

:wacko2:  :o

Thats strange as hell and I mean really. I was just wondering because its doing the complete opposite here. Some how it is still snowing with strong winds. I'm guessing at the moment the thickness of the clouds is under radar sight which is the reason why no returns. The flakes are tiny.

Archived