CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem on the roads for me. I have seen folks on facebook saying the roads in their neighborhoods in Durham and Granville counties are sheets of ice, though.

Hope next time we can get storm big enough to keep the kids home from school and me home from work.

Roads are dry as a bone here in S Durham.

Just a shame that this outcome only fuels folks like Widre to be even worse come next storm.

The last N storms we've had here, basically all since Christmas 2010, have been non-events in one way or another, and the non-event-ness has been centered, as usual, on Durham, or wherever I happen to be living at the time.

Moister Missed ILM by about 25 mile's due north of here, (Hampstead), My Brother got a *Light* dusting, He resides at North Topsail...

Here currently, ILM , south of Me (IMBY), could deck has very suddenly Lowered, starting to see extreamly light returns showing up on radar just across the river..

27 Winds NE @ 9 MPH

Windchill
18 °F
Dew Point
27 °F

Someone is still getting flurries  enjoy...

Still -SN here in Wilson.  I think (haven't gone outside to do an accurate measurement) we ended up with a little over 2 inches here near downtown.  It's been snowing steadily since about 7 a.m. but no real additional accumulation.  Beautiful, though.  

Your dead center under that "band" that's showing on radar...   Congrats & enjoy...  :snowwindow:

1496967_448630775238287_1257632043_n.png

via: US National Weather Service Raleigh NC

Lake Effect Snow in Eastern NC!

An area of snow well removed from the storm system off the coast has developed during the past couple of hours across the Coastal Plain of NC. This area of snow originates over Kerr Lake and is being driven by an upper level disturbance, low level instability enhanced locally by the lake and additional moisture provided by the lake. At 900 AM snow is being reported down stream in Rocky Mount, Goldsboro, Kinston and other locations. The local enhancement could produce a half inch of snow accumulation with localized spots getting up to an inch. The snow should taper off toward midday as the upper level disturbance moves away and the low level instability decreases.

via: US National Weather Service Raleigh NC

Lake Effect Snow in Eastern NC!

An area of snow well removed from the storm system off the coast has developed during the past couple of hours across the Coastal Plain of NC. This area of snow originates over Kerr Lake and is being driven by an upper level disturbance, low level instability enhanced locally by the lake and additional moisture provided by the lake. At 900 AM snow is being reported down stream in Rocky Mount, Goldsboro, Kinston and other locations. The local enhancement could produce a half inch of snow accumulation with localized spots getting up to an inch. The snow should taper off toward midday as the upper level disturbance moves away and the low level instability decreases.

Thats something you don't see every day. Lol

Is Kerr Lake a hydro power plant or does it have a coal fire plant attach to it?

"Vis loop shows it well also shows where the snow is."

Look at the streamer running over the Raleigh area... that is probably getting moisture picked up from Mayo Lake. It looks cloudy over towards that area. I know its not from Hyco Lake.

Is Kerr Lake a hydro power plant or does it have a coal fire plant attach to it?

"Vis loop shows it well also shows where the snow is."

Look at the streamer running over the Raleigh area... that is probably getting moisture picked up from Mayo Lake. It looks cloudy over towards that area. I know its not from Hyco Lake.

Hydro as far as I know.

Archived